I Love

I looked into his eyes my breathing shallow as I tried to resist. I wanted to scream just kiss me. I gasped as over his shoulder my eyes locked on to Tony. How did he get here so fast?

"Eric," I muttered as he looked toward Tony. He stiffened putting his hand on my waist. I took a deep breath as fire danced across my skin watching Tony march toward us. I leaned against Eric's side as Tony grabbed my wrist yanking me from Eric's arms. I winced as pain rushed up my arm. "Ow that hurt!" I growled as he faced me. He silenced my protests by pressing his lips to mine. I felt myself melting into his kiss. I wanted it to be real the love he pretended to feel but I knew it wasn't. If it had been real the mark would have reappeared but it didn't. I pushed him away angrily as Eric ran to me decking Tony.

"No one touches her!" Eric yelled at Tony before inspecting my wrist. I winced as he turned it over. "He hurt you."

"It's just a sprain," I started when I felt the hum of his power on my skin. The pain vanished before Eric faced Tony.

"You don't get to hurt her anymore," Eric snapped at Tony. Tony started laughing trying to reach me.

"Right cause pure evil is good for her," Tony smirked but instead of letting it go I pulled Eric toward me our lips colliding. I felt a warm glow fill me as our lips moved in sync. I pulled away facing Tony.

"He is good, I can sense it deep inside him but you Tony are not as good as Eric. You cheat and lie but Eric has never lied to me," I said harshly as Tony's smile faltered. I could say without a doubt that I was in love with Eric. I no longer loved Tony the only thing left of our relationship was a physical attraction.

"You can't be serious. Look at him, he is so evil his eyes are black," Tony said as I slapped Tony.

"And you are so evil you're here insulting not only me but Eric. Stay away Tony. I don't love you the way I used to. In fact I hate you," I snapped as he glared at me.

"You will pay for that dear Sapph I promise," Tony said his voice so cold as he fled from the room. I felt Eric's arms wrap around me spooning me close.

"I won't let him hurt you," Eric vowed as I shut my eyes allowing his embrace to calm me. "Does the kiss mean I can date you or was it to push him away?" I spun toward Eric with a smile playing at my lips, he was insecure.

"Eric at first it was for him but I love you Eric and I would love to date you," I smirked as he wrapped his arms around me pressing his lips to mine briefly. I was in love with Eric and I trusted him completely.

"I knew it was only a matter of time before you moved on," he said as I smiled at him but in the back of my mind was a cloud.

"What do you think Tony meant by regret it?" I asked as his voice echoed in my mind.

"Probably nothing. He just wanted to ruin our night," Eric said touching my cheek trying to calm me.

"You are probably right," I said but I still couldn't shake the feeling that he was going to do something, something cruel. There was a darkness in him that I hadn't seen before and I couldn't help but wonder what caused it.

"You aren't going to let this go are you?" Eric asked as I looked into his eyes.

"Probably not," I said softly as he sighed.

"Well at least you are honest," he said putting his hand on my waist again as we returned to our dance. We danced but I couldn't even focus on Eric as Tony's words plagued my mind. I gasped stepping out of Eric's arms.

"He's going to attack one of the packs," I said as Eric's eyes filled with concern.

"How do you know?" Eric asked as I looked into his eyes.

"It's the only way to truly punish me," I said tears filling my eyes.

"Which one?" He asked as I turned pulling him from the ballroom.

"The only one I can't feel," I muttered as Eric held onto my waist teleporting to my brother. "Josh!" I yelled rushing through the house. He stepped into the room his eyes filled with concern at my panic.

"What's wrong?" Josh asked as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Tony threatened me and I think he might attack you guys to punish me," I said softly a single tear falling down my cheek.

"But why not your new pack?" Josh questioned as I looked at him.

"I can sense when my pack is in trouble but this pack I wouldn't know until it was too late," I said firmly as Josh nodded. "Josh I can't lose you!"

"You won't lose me Sapphire," Josh said pulling me against him.

"Sapph maybe we should stay here for a little while and then go home," Eric said as I looked at Josh.

"Is that okay?" I asked as Josh sighed.

"I can't really say no, you are family," Josh said as I smiled. At least now I could keep an eye out for Tony in case he tries anything. What could Tony possibly have in store for us? He never loved me yet he can't let go and now trying to punish me this doesn't make sense. And how did he become so evil. Eric wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me against his side. I felt strangely safe in Eric's arms. I loved Eric so undisputedly. He was everything I could ever want I don't know how I didn't see it before...