Feed

"Sapphire I can feel what is happening but that is the problem," Sam said as I looked at him. "It looks as if the babies are disagreeing with your Lycan blood."

"What does that mean?" Josh demanded as my heart dropped. I might lose the babies...

"It means that the pregnancy is way more delicate than it should be," Sam said with worry filling his eyes. "You might lose the babies. Their magic is having devastating consequences on your body."

"But what does that mean?!" I shrieked as Sam touched my belly with a puzzled expression. He turned to Josh.

"Was she upset when this happened?" Sam asked as Josh nodded.

"She had a very public argument with Nathan," Josh said as Sam frowned.

"It seems as if her emotions made their blood super toxic. I think she tapped into her babies' blood," Sam said softly as I looked at him.

"You mean I did this?" I gasped as I felt myself relaxing.

"Yes but as long as you are careful it shouldn't happen again. Just to be safe I'll check in more frequently for you," Sam said as I got to my feet. The rest of the pack eyed me closely as I walked over to the table sitting down. My cheeks felt like they were on fire from embarrassment.

"You're fine no one cares," Tony said clearly reading my expression.

"Thanks Tony," I smiled as the party started wrapping up. I put my hand on my belly as the babies kicked causing a smile to play across my lips. "You sure are active little ones."

"Babies always are," Tony said sitting next to me. "Hey do you have the nursery set up yet?"

"No I've been kinda busy," I said softly as Tony helped me to my feet.

"Would you like me to take you shopping?" Tony asked as I smiled.

"That would be lovely," I beamed at him. "Can we go after I change?"

"Sure I'll meet you in the car," Tony said as I ran up the stairs. I pulled my dress off before pulling on jeans and a white t-shirt. I walked down the stairs finding Josh.

"I'm going shopping with Tony," I said to my brother.

"Okay have fun Sapph," Josh said as I walked out the front door. I walked across the courtyard and into the black SUV. I buckled up as Tony started the car.

"Thank you Tony," I smiled as we drove toward the baby store. We pulled up out front walking inside. I wondered down to the cribs looking at several. "There are so many!"

"That's what I told the mother of my child," Tony laughed as I looked at the cribs.

"Is it better to get two of the same or two separate kinds?" I asked inspecting the black and white cribs since I was unsure of a gender yet.

"I think two different ones to help differentiate which baby is which," Tony said as I sighed.

"You're right," I said before making my way down to the diapers. I threw a package of in the cart along with baby powder and some wipes. I looked at the clothing realizing how much pink and blue there was. Couldn't there be more neutral colors. I grabbed a few blue outfits in the hopes no one will say anything if it's two girls.

"Hey this is cute," Tony said holding up two stuffed wolves. I burst out laughing.

"Kind of ironic to buy them for the Lycan twins right?" I smirked as his face fell. He reached to put them back. "No put them in the cart!"

"Yeah," Tony said as we continued to the cups and bottles. I grabbed ten bottles and a thing of formula since I wasn't sure if my milk was going to be okay for them. Tony grabbed two cribs putting them by the checkout along with the high chairs and the dresser changing table. Two high chairs, two car seats and, a double stroller.

"Are you having twins?!" The cashier squealed happily.

"Yeah I am," I smiled as she rung every thing up.

"That will be 2,000 dollars," the cashier said causing Tony to shrieking in disbelief. I pulled out my card charging it.

"Man the baby departments are thiefs robbing us," Tony gasped causing me to laugh.

"Tell me about it," I said as we finished paying before Tony put the stuff in the car. I put the light bags in the SUV while he fit the big items in the back. I sat down in the passenger seat buckling up quickly. Tony drove home as I got out of the car.

"I'll put the stuff in the nursery you go relax until the stuff is put together," Tony said pushing me toward the couch. I sat down putting my feet up the tension releasing almost immediately.

"Sis did you have fun?" Josh said sitting on the couch putting my feet on his lap. He pulled my shoes off rubbing them.

"Oh my god," I said with a small smile. "That feels amazing!"

"I bet," Josh smiled as I shut my eyes allowing a moment of peace to calm me.
---
"Hey the cribs are put together where do you want them?" Tony yelled waking me from my light snooze. I got up making my way up to the nursery. I looked at the room thinking about where I wanted to put the stuff.

"The cribs could go both on the right wall and the changing table could go at the wall next to the cribs," I said as he pushed the cribs into place before moving the dresser/changing table. He grabbed the clothing putting them in the three drawers and put the diapers on top of the table. I couldn't help but smile at how much of a father he truly was.

"What?" He asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"Nothing you just are a great dad," I said as he put the wolves in the cribs before facing me.

"Years of practice," he smiled at me before walking out of the room. He really was a great guy helping me when it's not really his job.

"You know he likes you right?" Josh said causing me to gasp.

"Are you sure?" I asked as he nodded. Maybe it is more than a job to him but what is it to me...