Losing Myself

"Eric!" I yelled from my bedroom.

"What?" He said poking his head out of the bathroom.

"Can we go out to dinner?" I asked knowing our relationship had to feel real to him.

"Me or Nathan?" Eric asked causing me to glare.

"You know I love you Eric!" I snapped as he looked regretfully at me.

"I'm sorry Sapphire that wasn't fair," Eric said instantly.

"It's fine as long as you didn't mean it," I whispered as he jumped back in the shower. I hopped out of bed quickly making my way to the closet pulling on a black tank top and blue jeans. I brushed my golden waves before wandering to the window. I looked out a the sunny day and all I could think of was my day with Tony in the woods.

"What are you thinking about?" Eric asked causing me to jump.

"Just how to spend the beautiful day with you. After lunch I was going to come up with an excuse to hang out with you," I smiled at him. He looked at me with such joy you would think he was human. I walked toward him pulling his lips onto mine. I hated his kiss but still I played the part of a girlfriend. The longer I stayed here the more I felt like I was losing myself.

"I'm falling for you Sapphire. More than I have for anyone prior," Eric whispered cupping my cheek. I leaned into his hand the way I would with Tony. "I love you more than I should, it makes me weak. Had anyone else threatened me I would have killed them on the spot."

"Thanks I think," I said unsure how to respond to that statement.

"You make me human," Eric said as our eyes locked. I refused to look away as I grew more uncomfortable.

"You make me special," I said softly as I walked into his embrace.

"Eric!" Emma called but froze seeing us. "Don't mean to bother but the resistance to your authority is causing a problem we need you."

"But Sapphire and I were going to lunch," Eric said as I looked toward Emma.

"Is it dangerous for him? Do you need an extra set of hands?" I asked Emma as she glared at me. "I'm just worried about Eric's safety!"

"He doesn't need you, you are a liability to him," Emma growled taking a swing at me. I felt my darkness flare launching her into the wall.

"Liability my ass," I snapped as Eric kissed my cheek.

"I love you being powerful but if you got caught they would use you to make me back down," Eric whispered as I faced him allowing fake tears to drip down my cheeks.

"But you might not come back," I said making my voice tremble for effect.

"I promise I'll be back by five," Eric said planting a fleeting kiss before helping Emma to her feet. They teleported from the room. I wasn't sure if he actually left so I made my way to the tv room. I turned on the tv watching a football game. I hated football but it helped me feel connected to Tony even though we were miles apart. After the game ended I made my way to the study. I gripped a book filled with dark magic pulling it down to read. I sat on the couch reading it one page at a time incase Eric was watching for any hint of betrayal.

"Protection spell," I gasped reading it carefully. "I could have cast it on Eric before he left to keep him safe." I said out loud in case he was listening. I shut the book tossing it aside before getting to my feet. I walked to the kitchen flipping through a cook book. I settled on making spaghetti as it would take up the remaining time before Eric's return. I added the ingredients quickly careful to stir it several times to prevent it bubbling over. I grabbed my phone turning on some music. I danced around the kitchen while singing along to the music. Once the sauce was done I boiled the spaghetti noodles dumping the sauce on and adding some strips of parmesan. I walked the two plates to the dining room setting them down. I filled Eric's glass with wine and mine with grape juice sitting down to wait for his arrival. With each tick of the clock my heart began to race. I looked at the clock as five came and went followed by six and seven. I got up rushing to the living room casting a locator spell. It pointed to a forest in Washington. I teleported there looking around at a bunch of dead bodies. I fought back a scream seeing Emma dead next to me.

"Where did he go?" A woman asked as I hid behind a tree.

"He was pretty hurt, no way Eric got far!" The man said next to me. I held my breath before stepping out from behind the tree.

"Hey!" I yelled causing them to launch a spell at me. I used my dark energy to mirror the spell knocking them across the clearing with ease. I looked around no movement in sight. If everyone was dead where was Eric. I wandered through the woods careful to stay in the shadows as I walked. I gasped seeing the old witch laying dead on the ground. I felt a pang in my chest knowing Eric killed her. Why couldn't they trust me to handle the problem? I felt my magic reaching out for Eric but his signal was weak and was slowly fading. I needed to make sure he actually died not just possibly died. I hated Eric but I owed Nathan more than dying alone in the woods. I felt my heart cracking knowing I was losing Nathan because of Eric but I kept moving. I froze as the thought of Eric's death hit me, I could die if he died in the wrong way. I found myself growing frantic in an attempt to save myself and the life of my unborn child.