Months

Over two months had passed and still no word from Nathan. The babies were growing faster than expected and I was showing a lot already.

"Sapphire we have to get ready for the Councils' ball tonight," Josh said as I picked up the silk lavender maternity dress. I pulled it on loving that it wasn't a typical dress it made me look like a sexy mother with the low back and the fabric stopping at my knees. I picked up my crown knowing this was going to be super formal. I brushed my hair putting the crown on before opening my door finding my brother in a suit waiting for me.

"Do I look fat?" I asked feeling a lack of confidence.

"No you look pregnant," Josh laughed as we made our way down the stairs and to the ball room. I took a breath plastering a smile on my face as we walked into the party. Josh pulled me to the dance floor as we swayed. I looked around spotting no one I knew.

"So tonight I'm being honored," I whispered as he laughed again.

"As you should," he said before leading me to the table to sit. I placed my hand on my swollen belly the children somehow calming me. I smiled as I spotted Sam and his coven approaching me.

"Sam," I beamed as he pulled me into a hug.

"You look lovely this evening Sapphire," Sam said when Alicia stepped onto the stage. The chatter died down as she started to speak.

"Tonight we are hear to honor one person. A person who at the young age of seventeen put the needs of her pack before her own. She shows us what it means to be a leader. Sapphire come on up," Alicia cheered. I stood walking onto the stage with a ghost of a smile on my face. She hugged me as my cheeks flushed with embarrassment. I froze as my eyes found their way to a grey set in the front row.

"Nathan," I gasped as he stood anger clear in his eyes. He stood there a moment before walking on the stage.

"You lied to me!" He growled as I stepped back rage filling my heart.

"I told you we needed to speak. You left and I didn't want the babies keeping us together!" I snapped as the rest of the room watched our very public drama. "Why are you here?!"

"I was ordered to attend by the head of the coven," he said looking at my belly before his eyes found my teary eyes.

"You broke me Nathan without a second thought," I gasped as Josh made his way to us. He put his arm on my back glaring at Nathan.

"You crushed her and she was your mate!" Josh growled as Nathan stood there unflinching.

"How could you leave me after you said you would protect me?" I gasped tears cascading my face as he continued to glare.

"How could you risk the children for a bunch of mutts?" He snapped making me wince.

"Nathan if they are mutts what am I?!" I demanded harshly as the room grew eerily silent. "If you can't accept them what of our children. Our children will be half Lycan!"

"Our children are different and you know it!" Nathan snapped as I crossed my arms.

"Nathan why did you really create the knife?" I asked not really wanting the answer.

"It was the only thing that could keep Lycan strength down," he said without thinking. Tears rushed to my eyes as I looked at the man who I thought I knew.

"Who are you? This isn't the man I fell for. The man I loved would have never called the people in this room monsters. You can leave now!" I growled as Josh grabbed his arm dragging Nathan from the room.

"Sapph," Tony said softly as I pulled it together before facing him. "Are you going to be okay?"

"I'm fine I'm sorry everyone had to see this though," I gasped holding in my pain. I smiled as the babies kicked inside my womb. "You want to feel?"

"Sure," Tony said as I moved his hand to my stomach gently. His eyes widened in shock as they kicked again. "They kick harder than my baby did."

"Really?" I asked as he nodded before pulling his hand back.

"Sapphire," Josh said walking over to me. "I escorted him off our land."

"Thank you Josh," I smiled as we walked off the stage.

"Sis maybe you should get some rest. You look exhausted," Josh said with concern in his purple eyes. I shook my head and as I did the room started to spin. I collapsed as my legs gave out falling into Tony's arms.

"Sapphire!" Tony said holding me in his arms. "Josh help me." I felt Josh wrap his arms on legs as they laid me on the stage.

"Sis!" Josh said with teary eyes, "hold on I'll get some help."

"Josh, I'm scared!" I gasped as he dialed the witch I had been seeing. Tony grabbed my hand to keep me calm. The pack was staring at us as I looked around. The council didn't look pleased with my pregnancy interfering so sooner after a public spat with a witch.

"My sister just collapsed get here now!" Josh said harshly hanging up. Josh faced me rubbing my head as tears slipped from the corner of my eyes. My babies had to be okay. I can't lose them too, not after everything we went through.

"Josh you are in charge now," Tony said catching Josh's attention. "Hold it together for the pack."

"But she's my family, my only family left," Josh said as Tony looked at him.

"I won't lose her!" Tony said when Sam ran into the room and straight to us.

"What happened?" Sam asked as everyone looked at each other no one really sure what happened.

"I wish I knew," Josh said as I realized how much I really had to lose now...