Always

I slipped into a black lace mini dress looking at the mask on the table. I picked up the silver mask placing it on my eyes. I sighed softly before walking into the hallway.

"Hello my beauty," Eric said taking my arm.

"Hi," I said flatly as we walked down the stairs and into the ballroom.

"My followers are going to love you Sapphire," Eric whispered in my ear sending a chill down my spine.

"Great," I forced out as we stepped into the crowded room every eye on us as we walked.

"Everyone this is Sapphire," Eric smiled pulling me in quickly for a kiss. I froze knowing not to pull back. I felt the chilling feeling fill my body begging me to pull away. Finally Eric pulled back as the crowd cheered.

"I'm going to get a drink," I said softly walking toward a waiter. I grabbed the sparkling apple juice taking a sip as I couldn't drink.

"You have made quite an impression," a man said as I faced him.

"Thank you," I spoke softly to him.

"Not a compliment," he said harshly taking me by surprise.

"What have I done?" I whispered to him.

"You don't want Eric but my daughter loves him," the man growled grabbing my arm. I winced as he squeezed it. I felt a flare of magic as he let out a whimper causing him to release my arm.

"Touch me again and I promise I won't hold back," I snapped making my way through the crowd. I found myself in the center of the dance floor never feeling more alone.

"May I have this dance?" I heard a man ask. I turned finding the honey eyes that I missed desperately.

"What are you doing here?" I gasped taking his hand as he put his other on my waist. We glided his touch taking my breath away.

"I couldn't stay away," he said though his face was covered with a mask.

"I missed you so," I whispered as he twirled me out before pulling me tightly against him.

"I'm glad you are still wearing the ring," he whispered in my ear, "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"I don't know how to fix this," I said fighting back the tears building in my eyes.

"We will fix this but until then I will come during masquerade balls," Tony smiled as I fire rushed through me. I missed us being able to speak freely, the thing I missed most was his embrace which we couldn't do for his safety.

"I love you Tony always," I said firmly as his eyes locked on mine.

"I love you as well Sapphire, forever," he said stroking my cheek briefly before retracting his hand. "Josh is a mess and the twins cry out for you."

"I wish I could be with them but I can't," I said my voice trembling as sadness flooded my heart.

"Sapphire how can our love be so cursed? What did we do to be cursed?" Tony asked clearly as upset as I was.

"I don't know but I plan to figure it out," I said as I suddenly was wondering about our cursed destiny.

"Forever," Tony said before rushing off through the crowd.

"Always," I whispered a small tear slipping down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly before I went in search of Eric. I found him talking to Emma.

"My lovely," he smiled stroking her cheek sending anger through me. I should be glad I don't have to deal with him but I felt angry. Angry he trapped me and was hitting on another girl.

"When will you rid of Sapphire?" Emma asked him.

"Soon. We must wait until her magic is at its weakest then we can take her power and kill her," Eric smiled causing me to rush away fear prickling my skin. I was going to die no matter what but I wasn't going down without a fight!

"Hello beautiful," Eric said wrapping his arms around my waist. I plastered a smile on my face before facing him.

"Hi," I smiled putting as much joy I could into my voice. "I really enjoyed this!"

"I'm glad," he said as I pressed my lips to his quickly and hungrily. I hated this but I had to buy time and hope to win him over. I tapped into my darkness allowing it to fill me. He pulled back his eyes looking into mine. "The red is my favorite eye color of yours."

"Mine too," I lied with a smile. I reached up stroking his cheek gently. "I love you Eric and only you!"

"What about Nathan?" Eric questioned as I laughed.

"He was weak, you are strong," I said hating to say this knowing Nathan can hear me. Eric smiled pulling me in for another kiss. I felt the kiss deepen sending a wave of darkness into me. I held tightly to my control not allowing the darkness to consume me like it once had. I was going to win this battle no matter what. I was going to save my family and defeat Eric.

"I love this version of you," Eric whispered into my ear before his lips grazed my neck. I gasped shutting my eyes mocking pleasure I would get from his kiss. I felt queasy but I smiled as his lips made their way up my neck and across my jaw before stopping on my soft lips. I ran my fingers through his hair as we made our way up the stairs and into my bedroom. I pulled his mask off before he reached for mine. I pulled his shirt off as he unzipped my dress. I didn't want this but I needed his trust to do what needs to be done. I pulled him against me knowing we didn't fit like I did with Tony. This only proved Tony was my always and I wasn't losing him if I could help it. I loved Tony always...