Darkness Consumes

I stood in the field casting the spell to track Nathan. I could feel the power building inside my body as my magic reached toward his. I gasped feeling the darkness inside him as I got a flash of where he was.

"He's in Detroit!" I gasped my skin crawling from touching his magic. I faced Tony quickly trying to calm down. Tony grabbed my hand as we walked back to the car when the alter exploded. I hit the ground as rock scattered around use. I spun finding a note where the alter was. I got to my feet walking toward it. I picked it up seeing it was a invitation from Nathan.

Sapphire,
Come to Michigan but be dressed for party. I have left an address for a dress shop and you know where the party is.

"It's from Nathan," I called walking back over to the truck. "He has invited me to a party."

"You aren't going right," Tony said as I looked up at him. I could see the fear in Tony's honey gaze as I thought of how to answer him.

"You should know the answer Tony," I whispered as he sighed driving toward Detroit.

"At least let me come," Tony said as I shook my head.

"Tony I can't bring you there," I sighed as he hit the brakes. "He will kill you if you come."

"And I can't drive you there," he said as I got out of the truck. I didn't need him to give me a ride.

"See you my love," I gasped holding back tears as I used my powers to teleport to the dress shop. When I walked inside I found a woman pulling a dress off the rack.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked as I smiled.

"I'm Sapphire my friend told me to pick up a dress," I said as she handed my the black lace dress she was currently holding.

"A man left word to give it to you," the woman said as I held it up. "Dressing room is down that hall." She said pointing down a narrow hallway.

"Thanks," I said walking down the hallway quickly changing into the dress. I set my old clothes in the garbage as I wasn't going to be returning for them. The fabric clung to my body. The dress was a floor length gown with lace on the top giving it a sexy feel. I looked in the mirror pulling my hair down. I made my way to the front of the store my black heels clicking against the wood floor.

"Wow," she gasped as I stood there. "I love the dress but damn you look beautiful."

"Did he pay you already?" I asked noticing the sun was setting. I flipped my hair giving it some volume before turning to the woman.

"Yes have fun," she said as I walked out of the store. I walked through the cool night air toward the place my spell said he was. I stopped dead in my tracks as I stared up at a mansion. I watched several people walking inside before I finally made my way up the grand staircase. I heard Nathan speaking with a woman.

"Do you think she is actually going to show?" A woman flirting with Nathan said as he ignored her. "You don't need her!" I made it to the door walking inside bumping the woman as I walked past her. I smirked as champagne spilled all over her expensive dress.

"Sapphire," Nathan smiled as I walked closer to him. "I'm glad you came!"

"I'm glad to see you are more in control than last time I saw you," I said knowing he wasn't totally himself yet. From what the ancestors I spoke with said his magic is volatile and could force him to kill any day.

"You look great in that dress," Nathan said his eyes still black from his power boost.

"Nathan how many people have you killed?" I asked softly. I knew the main reason the creature inside Nathan wanted me was the fact that it's magic is linked to me.

"Please call me Eric," the monster said taking my hand. I winced as he turned my hand to look at the lily. "The rest of the ancestors gave you magic to destroy me."

"Nathan," I gasped as the creature yanked me toward him with a glare.

"I said call me Eric!" It spat at me. I looked up into his eyes seeing the power and his fear doing an intricate dance.

"Eric let go," I whispered holding back tears as he pulled it together.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," Eric apologized releasing my hand quickly.

"You can't scare me," I said firmly knowing it was the furthest from the truth. He sent fear through every nerve in my body. He put his hand on my waist. Eric pulled me against his body quickly his lips inches from mine.

"How about now? Do I scare you now?" He asked as my heart raced inside my chest. I felt my magic calling to him as he stared into my eyes his lips hovering above mine. I found myself feeling drawn to him once more which was strange because this wasn't Nathan but still I longed for his touch. I looked at my lily as the color got darker if that was even possible. It was like our magic was intertwined forcing us together.

"I'm not scared," I managed to say as he smirked down at me. He reached up caressing my cheek. I felt my breath catch in my chest as I looked into his gaze his lips closing the gap. I gasped as his lips brushed against mine igniting a darkness deep inside, a darkness I never knew I had, a darkness that could consume leaving ash in its wake, a darkness I was trying desperately to fight against. This darkness may just cost me my life...