United In Fear

I stood in the dark woods my heart racing. I felt as if I was being followed. I continued through the wood when a twig snapped. I spun around finding a person standing in the shadow.

"Who's there?" I called out instantly kicking myself how dumb it was to yell that. It was like asking to be killed. I turned rushing through the woods my feet pounding into the uneven ground. I ran and ran until suddenly my path was blocked by the person from before. I fell back onto the ground trying to push myself away. I froze as a chilling laugh filled the woods.

"Poor poor Sapphire all alone," the person taunted as I cowered fear flooding my system.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to hide my rising panic.

"You should know," the voice laughed pulling down their hood. I gasped as the moonlight showed on the person I was looking at, it was me. I stared up at my golden hair but once I looked into my own eyes the one standing over me had red glowing eyes.

"What are you?" I cried out as it laughed.

"You should know," it said as I scrambled to my feet rushing deeper into the woods. I kept running afraid of what would happen if the other version of myself caught me...

I snapped to a sitting position covered in sweat breathing heavily. My heart was starting to slow as I got out of bed making my way to the bathroom. I ran the cold water splashing it on my face before drying off. I looked up into the mirror nearly screaming as one of my eyes was glowing red.

"Tony," I gasped trying to stay calm. I felt my heart starting to race as I made my way back into the bedroom. He was sitting up when I walked over to him. "We have a problem."

"What..." He began to ask before his eyes locked on mine taking the rest of the words right out of his mouth. "Oh shit."

"I think this is the darkness inside trying to take hold. Before this I had a nightmare about my becoming evil," I said my voice quivering as I held the tears in. Tony hopped to his feet pulling me into his arms.

"You aren't evil Sapphire!" Tony said firmly as I buried my face in his chest.

"But what if I hurt you guys?!" I gasped as he pulled back looking into my eyes.

"You won't hurt anyone!" Tony said stroking my cheek. "You are the sweetest person I have ever met Sapph. You couldn't even shoot Nathan when he attacked us."

"Tony I'm scared of what the dark magic is going to do to me," I whispered as he pressed his lips against mine firmly. I was shocked but suddenly my anxiety dulled along with the darkness inside me. He pulled back smiling at me.

"Look in the mirror," Tony said as I faced the mirror relieved my eyes were their normal violet color. "I told you!"

"Tony, I love you," I said looking into his honey eyes.

"I love you too Sapphire," he said walking over to the nightstand. I turned toward the mirror looking at my reflection when Tony tapped my shoulder. I turned as he got down on one knee opening the velvet box. "I have loved you since the day I met you. I died and you brought me back. I love you Sapphire and I always will, will you marry me?" I felt tears drip down my cheeks as I tried to speak.

"Yes Tony!" I gasped as he slipped the ring onto my finger. The diamond was a half karat with little diamonds surrounding it on a white gold band. I pulled him in for a long slow kiss. I felt my breath hitch as the kiss deepened sending a warm glow through my body reawakening the parts that had been dormant without Tony. I pulled away looking up at him a permanent grin on my face. I reached up caressing his cheek gently. "Why are you so perfect?"

"Because you are Sapphire," he said his hands on my waist. I looked at my ring watching it sparkle it the light. "Lets go tell your brother before he kills me."

"Wait you didn't ask first? You are so dead!" I teased following Tony downstairs and into the living room.

"Sapphire why do you look like you are on drugs and why does Tony look like he peed his pants?" Josh asked as I held out my left hand squeaking with joy. "Oh crap you are engaged?!"

"Yes we are and I couldn't be happier," I smiled as Tony took my right hand. "I have the love of my life back and I'm not letting him get away."

"Aw baby," Tony said pretending to be embarrassed. He pulled me quickly toward him claiming me as his. His lips brushed mine as Josh made a gagging noise.

"Get a room please!" Josh whined as I faced him glaring.

"And you get a girlfriend," I smirked at Josh as his cheeks turned red.

"Sapphire leave the poor boy alone," Tony laughed pulling me toward the stairs. "Let's go get a room."

"Good idea," Josh yelled from the living room. I laughed as we ran up the stairs and into my room. I quickly pulled Tony's shirt off pushing him onto the bed before pulling my own shirt off. I pressed my lips against his hungrily sending a fire rushing through my body. I gasped as his lips caressed my neck causing my heart to flutter. I looked into his eyes a smile playing at my lips and for a moment we weren't united in fear but in love. I wasn't thinking about Eric attacking but being with Tony. I pressed my lips to his allowing full access as the kiss deepened. I felt Tony's hands gripping my hair as I gasped. We fit together perfectly like we were made to be together, destined from the start...