The Good and The Bad

I felt the Magi's magic brush mine and I was filled with a longing. The same longing I had felt when I took in Eric's dark energy.

"Sapphire," Eric said softly his eyes locked on mine. I could see the concern but also his fear. I couldn't place the look in his eyes but it was somehow familiar. "You are good Sapphire."

"Eric I'm not good," I whispered softly. "I haven't been good in a long time."

"Don't say that," he said grabbed my arms. I felt a warm glow fill my body taking my mind off the addictive darkness deep inside. "You are the best person I have ever known!"

"The darkness is something I never have been able to resist and you know that. Eric you did resist it for a while for me," I said softly as the magic reached my heart. My mouth dropped slightly as the familiar dominance tangled around me. I felt my willingness to reject it faltering as I took a step back. I slipped from Eric's arms as his eyes filled with panic. Tears poured down my cheeks as I looked at Eric.

"Fight it, damn it Sapphire you are supposed to be the good one!" Eric snapped rushing to me his lips pressing against mine. I felt the fire dance across my skin but it wasn't enough. I embraced the darkest of the Magi power, the familiar rush of dark magic filled me. I looked at Eric and while I knew I loved him I couldn't quite feel the love. It was almost like the love was being suppressed inside me. I looked at him as his eyes went from panicked to sad. "Oh Sapph." I teleported to the Magi quickly knowing I must thank them.

"Sapphire," Tony said calmly. I faced him with a smile.

"Thank you for bestowing this gift on me. I am very grateful," I said as he wrapped me in a hug. I felt our magic calling out to each other. It was like our magic was connected. "I can feel your magic."

"Our magic. The Magi share all magic," Tony said as a few more Magi gathered. "What changed your mind?"

"I felt the power," I said quickly. Tony laughed facing the other Magi.

"Who knew she liked the darkness," Tony smiled as a woman walked toward us.

"Sapphire we need your help. All we ask is for you to call to the Witch ancestors," the woman said as I nodded.

"How?" I asked as Tony pressed his lips to mine. I felt the crackle of magic flowing between us heightening my powers. He pulled away both of us breathless. The magic to me was a high more intense than anything I had ever experienced. I spun around as the ancestors materialized around us. I winced as the Magi tapped into my magic turning it toward the ancestors.

"Sapphire are you okay?" One of the ancestors asked as I fell to my knees. "Rory what have you done?"

"What needed to be done to upset the balance of magic. She was the key and now you all will meet your end," Rory said an evil smirk on her angelic face. Rory's blue eyes sparkled as she pulled more and more of my powers into her small body.

"Stop," I gasped as my chest tightened. They were draining me of all magic and had begun tapping into my Lycan half. Once they took my Lycan half I would be dead. I collapsed onto my side as I looked at the ancestors. "Go."

"Sapphire in case you haven't figured this out we no longer need you alive," Rory growled her pale yellow hair billowing in the wind.

"Please we are a coven," I pleaded for my life but she didn't care about me. I was never more than a means to an end. She wanted power and now she had it. I felt a small spark deep in my chest. I reached for it as images of Eric filled my mind. Images in both bodies and once those were through I saw a different person.

Past life flashback
"Natalie I'm home," Eric smiled as I rushed into his arms. He reached up tucking my chocolate brown hair behind my ear. I smiled at him when Rory came. I faced her as she stood anger in her blue gaze.

"Natalie Drew you are sentenced to death for treason against the Witches," Rory said harshly.

"What did I do?" I asked as Eric grabbed my arm.

"You refused to cast a spell we asked," Rory said. She was part of the leadership in our coven and even I couldn't believe my ears. I saw a flash of pain in her eyes as Eric pushed me protectively behind his body. She made this personal because Eric and I belonged together. Rory wanted Eric and he chose me. I gasped as Eric was launched across the room. I tried to block her magic but I wasn't experienced enough to stop her attack. She had the power of the ancestors behind her while I had no one. My eyes locked on Eric's as a single tear slipped down my face. I wasn't going to make it.

"I love you until our last breath, I promise," I whispered as her magic exploded inside me...
End of flashback
"You are the reason Eric went dark," I murmured as Rory looked at me in confusion. Even though I only had the one memory I knew without a doubt Eric and I were destined.

"Wait how would you know that was before you were born?" She asked as the ancestors glanced at me.

"You know Rory you really shouldn't mess with fate because it fights back like a bitch," I growled grabbing one of the ancestors' hand. I released the last of my magic into the ancestors. I watched as realization filled her eyes.

"Natalie," she gasped as I struggled to my feet. "But you died and witches don't reincarnate!"

"Well this witch just did!" I snapped calling to my magic running through her veins. She winced as the magic floated through the air before settling in my body. She collapsed on the ground as the ancestors started stripping her magic. While the Magi had great power the ancestors still had the beat all spell. Once her power was stripped the other Magi vanished quickly including Tony. I had hoped with Rory's magic gone he would revert to normal.

"Natalie!" Rory snarled getting to her feet as I faced her. "He will never love you."

"Won't you ever learn," I snapped when I felt a pain in my chest. I looked down to see a knife sticking out of my chest. I fell to the ground my blood pouring out of my chest. I knew who I used to be and now Eric was never going to know his Natalie was right here...