A Love So Deep

I held Van in my arms as the girl took aim at me. I felt a burst of magic flow out of my body putting a barrier between us.

"Van hold on," I sobbed as the mark turned white. I couldn't reverse the spell but I could give it to him. The spell I needed to give him the curse was in the cave. I held out my hand calling to the book. I watched as it flew out of the cave before I caught it in my hand. I flipped to the page before facing Van.

"It's okay," he said weakly.

"I can save you. The curse of a lover cannot be reversed. Once over one will be dead," I chanted as he started to glow. I felt the dark magic swirling inside as the spell started bonding to Van. I watched as his bleeding began to slow when my stomach started to bleed. It was the same spot as Van's. I touched my wound falling back onto the grass...

"Sapphire," Lane smiled as I floated in darkness.

"I saved him," I said looking at my stomach. I was still bleeding but that must mean I was still alive next to Van.

"Yes but you still had vampire inside you. You will waken but you won't remember anything about who you are. You will be consumed by the vampire that had gone dormant," Lane said sadly as I looked up at him.

"But that means everyone will be in danger. I have too much darkness inside to be a vampire. I enjoyed killing when I was a vampire," I said firmly as he took my hand.

"I believe that you can be a kind selfless vampire Sapphire," Lane said softly...

My eyes flew open finding the girl standing over us. I grabbed her cross bow tossing it across the clearing. I stood grabbing her by the throat smiling at the idea of forcing her passed the tree stump to see what happens.

"Sapphire," a voice said behind me. I glanced back at Van. While I knew who he was, I couldn't be bothered to care as I tossed the girl passed the tree. She hit the ground a scream escaping her lips. I watched as her eyes rolled back her body falling to the ground. I heard as her heart stopped beating. I felt a smile pull at my lips as I faced Van. I looked at him, a dark smirk twinkling in my black eyes.

"That was fun," I said as he continued to watch me walk around the clearing.

"How can you be so evil Sapphire? I know on some basic level you had to get pleasure from inflicting pain because other vampires eat to survive and that is all," Van said fear in his eyes. "Have you always been this dark and I just couldn't see it?" I was quickly growing irritated by him but found that my body wouldn't let me kill him. His blood no longer called to me like it once had, in fact it made me feel sick.

"Try my patience and I will end you," I growled as he stepped toward me arms out.

"Go ahead, kill me. My life is worthless without you Sapphire. I will give my life for you always," Van yelled causing me to take a step back. How could someone love so deeply as to give their life?

"Who are you to me?" I questioned looking into his eyes. I found myself getting lost in his gentle gaze.

"Your other half," Van said softly. Could it be true?

"Then why do I hate you?" I breathed as he looked saddened.

"I made you human again so the vampire in you hates me," Van spoke stepping toward me. His hand grabbed mine as pain hit me. I gasped seeing my stomach bleeding. Van's eyes widened as he let go. The wound started to close the moment his hand left mine.

"What is this?" I asked as he shook his head.

"I have no idea what it is," Van said as a book on the ground slammed shut. I approached the book carefully. I bent down picking the book up slowly to protect the book. I felt oddly connected to the book, it was as if it was a part of me. 

"The book," I whispered a memory coming to me.

Flashback
I held the spell book in my arms as my mother made a symbol on the ground with ash of our ancestors.

"Hold still sweetie," my mom said as she started to chant. I winced as a mark made its way up my left arm. The book had marked me as its own, the book and I are one forever. I clamped my jaw down holding in my screams as the unification was completed. The book and I could never be separated ever again.
End of Flashback

I looked at the book in shock. My brother didn't create the mark, he just made it visible. Van stood a few feet from me, his heart beat made me hungry. If I was one with the book could that be why I was immune to death?

"Are you back Sapph?" Van asked as I looked up at him.

"I'm trying," I whispered knowing I still wasn't myself yet. I looked back at the book as the page flipped open to vampires. The page read...

The cure for being a vampire is to find the oldest living in the family and drink a small amount of their blood.

I shut the book throwing it at the ground. I wanted to be human with my family and to do that I must find the one person my family feared, Elle. The journey was going to be long and hard keeping me from my family. I looked at Van. The choice was simple, go find her and finally be happy with the man I loved no matter what. I may be a vampire but I know love when I see it and I am most certainly in love with Van Lucian...