Battle to Battle

I winced in pain as her dark magic launch me through a window. I hit the ground outside cuts all over my body from pieces of glass. I got to my feet as Elle jumped through the window landing next to me. I faced her using my power to knock her away from me.

"Elle please I have a family," I said as she laughed.

"Family makes you weak. I saw that and so I left!" She spat a look of disgust on her face.

"That's where you are wrong Elle, family makes you strong," I said as I reached for Van's power. I took his magic into my body to strengthen my own magic.

"Your eyes they are brighter," she gasped as I smiled. I took a breath forcing my power into her. She whimpered as the magic ripped into her. I watched blood drip from her neck as my power cut her.

"Family magic is stronger than even the darkest spell," I said calmly as she collapsed sending her blood spilling onto the grass. I waited a moment more before teleporting to the portal. I thought of Van as I stepped through. My smile faded as I was standing in the middle of a ruined city. Something happened to the city, something horrific. I took off running toward the palace. I reached the gate the find hundreds of bones. I had been gone a day and during that time my home had been destroyed. I stepped through the gate my mouth hung open.

"Young queen much you have missed," a man a few feet from me said. I turned toward him my heart racing. I had a feeling he caused this all.

"Who are you?" I asked him as he stepped out of the shadows. It wasn't possible he couldn't be here, Eric. "Did you hurt these people?!"

"Yes but only because they got in the way of what I wanted," Eric said calmly.

"What do you want?" I asked as a wicked smile spread across his lips.

"You," he said walking toward me. I took a step back as I thought of Van and the twins.

"What have you done to my family?" I demanded an answer but knew I wouldn't get one.

"Come with me," he said firmly leaving no room for questioning him. I followed as he led me through the crumbling palace coming to the throne room. The doors swung open to reveal Van hanging limply on his throne.

"Oh god Van," I gasped running to him. I touched his neck trying to find a pulse but found none. My heart fractured as I rested my head on his arm. "I'm sorry, I should have been here, I shouldn't have protected Eric."

"Your precious lover dead by my power," Eric said sickly pleased with himself. Tears spilled down my face as I looked at my husband. There was no way for us to be together, my grandfather made sure of that by giving me the curse. We were star crossed never to last. I could barely breathe as I faced Eric.

"I saved your life and still you killed the one person I loved," I screamed tears of anger streaked my cheeks.

"We were meant to be Sapphire not him. He is a god not meant to be with a mortal, you aren't supposed to be here Sapph," Eric snapped rushing toward me. He cupped my face as I stood frozen.

"He wasn't a god Eric, he was a man. He was kind and caring only thinking of others," I said firmly as Eric looked at me.

"Then why was he dancing with pretty girls while you were gone?" Eric asked.

"I don't believe you Eric," I snapped as a girl appeared next to him in chains. I looked at her and could see in her eyes it was an innocent dance, Van wouldn't hurt me like that.

"She danced with him," Eric said as I felt my magic building in my chest.

"A dance is just a dance Eric," I snapped as he took my hand in his pulling me close. His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me tightly against his body.

"Is this just a dance?" He said harshly. I pulled out of his arms slapping him.

"You don't get to touch me. I will belong to Van until I am dead. I will never be with you Eric. Your actions today have only strengthened my willingness to kill you," I yelled as his eyes grew dark. I felt a burst of dark energy trying to worm its way into my body. He wanted me to use dark magic in the hopes that I would love him again. He was recalling how I enjoyed the darkness before I realized who I was.

"You will change your mind," Eric said but I simply took the magic in before turning it on Eric. I forced him to his knees with the darkness.

"Where are my children?" I demanded as he launched me across the floor. I winced as I noticed Josh's tiny body on the floor. I scrambled toward him.

"I killed your son with Van so nothing would tie you to Van anymore," Eric said. I touched Josh's hand as I realized he was still breathing. I healed him quickly sending him to hide behind the throne. I got to my feet glaring at Eric.

"You will leave me alone and give the twins back to me or I will make you pay for everything you have done to me!" I screamed as he laughed.

"Please you are too soft to hurt anyone," Eric smiled. I called all my dark magic to me before sending Eric into a pillar. He hit it with a loud crack before falling to the ground. Eric got to his feet quickly. I saw a few drops of blood hit the white stone floor.

"Try me," I snapped knowing I could kill him. Eric took everything from me and I was going to make him suffer if it's the last thing I do. He was going to pay for taking Van from me. I loved Van Lucian until his death and will continue to love him until I join him in the afterlife...