Changed For Him

I stood next to Eric as he yelled at a group of men who tried to betray him. Normally I would try and save these men but I had to embrace Eric's darkness to be near him.

"Help me," one pleaded as Eric pressed a knife to his throat.

"Why would I help you?" I snapped a wave of guilt hitting me. Eric dragged the blade across his throat killing him instantly. I sat on the couch as he made quick work of the other two.

"Hey are you okay? You seemed off," Eric said concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine I'm just still getting used to you killing people," I muttered thinking of Josh and the twins. I wondered if they were safe and alive. I stood walking to the phone calling Josh. I needed to know if he was okay.

"Hello," Josh said as I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Josh thank god you are okay," I said with a small smile. "Are the twins okay?"

"Yeah but Sapphire the world is going to crap. Where are you?" Josh asked as I looked at Eric.

"Safe," I said as Eric took my free hand tracing the lines on my palm. "Are you guys safe or should I find something else?"

"We're good but I don't know for how long," Josh said as I leaned against Eric.

"I promise I'm working on it," I vowed. "This is where you can reach me. Be careful Josh."

"You too Sapph," Josh said as I hung up. I felt Eric's arms wrap around my waist spooning me against himself.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I faced him with a sad smile.

"Yeah I am, I'm just worried about my family," I spoke as he cupped my cheek.

"I'll send my most loyal to protect them," he said as I gave him the address.

"Thanks Eric," I smiled glad they would be safer.

"I have stuff to take care of but I'll be back. The guards have been instructed to protect you in my absence," Eric said walking away leaving me alone. I sighed walking outside and to the garden. The smells hit me causing me to relax. I reached down pulling a lily out holding it under my nose. It was calming to wander through the garden. I shut my eyes picturing the old Eric. He was kind and caring. He would rather die than hurt anyone. I gasped as a group of witches rushed into the garden. I stood quickly bracing for their attack.

"Sapphire if you come with us we won't hurt you," a woman said as I looked at her. They were going to use me to get Eric.

"I can't do that," I whispered sending a blast of light into the air to draw attention. I was immediately grabbed by two guys and dragged to a waiting car. I struggled trying to get free but they had me too tightly. I winced as their hands pressed into my arms. I was forced into the car as the guards battled with the witches that stayed behind. "ERIC!" I screamed but knew he wouldn't hear it. He isn't the same man I fell in love with.

"Shut her up!" A woman snapped as a man covered my mouth. I squirmed but couldn't get away, my Lycan strength absent since my return.

"Hurry up she's hard to hold," the man said as she sped down the highway. They pulled me from the car and my eyes locked on Eric who was slaughtering anyone who fought against him. Once in view I was forced to my knees. "Call for him!" The man ordered but I refused. I wasn't going to cause his death no matter the horrible things he had done to these people. All of this wasn't his fault. "Call him or I'll kill your entire family. You honestly think he'll protect them?"

"He will always protect them," I snapped firmly. I let out a small whimper as he pulled on my arm pinning it behind my back. I caught my balance with my free hand.

"Eric she's pretty, I think I'll keep her!" The man said getting tired of waiting. When Eric faced me he was covered in blood. Had I not been angry I would have started crying. He looked like a vicious monster without one glimmer of humanity left in him. He wasn't just killing but torturing these people.

"I was doing you a favor by not calling him," I snapped harshly as the man grabbed my hair forcing my head up.

"You expect me to care about someone with zero magic?" Eric laughed killing another witch. These witches looked like they were in so much pain before they were finally killed I felt sorry for them. "She means nothing." I know he didn't mean it but it still hurt that he said it.

"He doesn't remember me," I said as shock filled the man's face. He thought Eric remembered because I was at his home with a bunch of guards.

"Sapphire, what don't I remember?" Eric said and for a moment I could have swore he was his old self. I saw the passion and the fear in his eyes.

"So much Eric," I said a sharp pain in my chest bringing tears spilling down my face. I paused a moment before twisting away from the man kicking his leg out from under him. I sprinted to Eric hiding behind him as he finished off the remaining witches. Eric faced me looking for any wounds before stroking my cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck burying my face on his shoulder not caring if I was going to be covered in blood. "Don't worry I'll protect you until our last breath." I pulled away looking into his eyes and I knew he was remembering something. I could feel the Magi magic in his blood but I could also feel a piece of him fighting to the surface.

"Come back to me Eric. I hate it here without you," I breathed as Eric fell to his knees a burst of magic rushing through the air. I knelt down in front of him as a muffled groan escaped his lips. I cupped his face in my hands making him look at me. "Fight for us. Eric I love you do you hear me!" He had to fight for us if he was going to beat the darkness inside. He finally collapsed unconscious...

[A/N]
The outfit in the picture is what Sapphire is wearing.