Chapter 3

Iyappan turned around and found anika infront of him with a grin on her face. For a second he jerked himself and looked at anika bluntly. Anirudh chuckled seeing iyappan's reaction, silently.

Iyappan's eyes wandered nervously, thinking what must have anika planned to do. He slowly turned around and pecked at anirudh, who pretended himself as a good boy.

"Ivaala? Ivaa yedhuku ippo ingaa vandhaa. Ani veraa irukan ivaa yedhadhu stupid aah panna avulodhaan." Iyappan murmured deep inside his heart.

"Iyapp, give me 400 rupees. I'll tell anu to pay you back." Anika said, grinned.

"Hey! Loose aah nee? Yennavo nee samarichi vangunaa maarila yen kittah vandhu kekkuraa." Iyappan said, reculantly.

Anirudh starred at Iyappan like hell. He was so hurted the way he answered her. He never thought Iyappan would talk this way as he have been a great friend to him.

"Iyapp please !" Anika pleased.

Anirudh felt like slapping himself on his cheeks left and right. He hated to see his girl begging for money when he was there for her, from this he understood that her parents doesn't care about her. And he didn't know for what cause she was asking money to iyappan.

"Niku, there is a limit for all these. Why do you want money now ? What are you going to do with that much money." Iyappan said, in a serious tone.

"Angaa oru paati nikkirangaa paaru." Anika said, pointing her finger at an unhealthy old lady.

Iyappan came forward and looked at the old lady who was standing far away from them.

"Andhaa paati rendu nalla aah sappudalayan adhaan yen kittah irukuraa kasu kudukalan paathen anaa yen kittah 100 rupees thaan iruku. Nee 400 rupees kududhinaa naa yen kaasayum sethu kududhuduven avangaa yedhadhu vangii sappuduvangaa." Anika explained.

A bright smile appeared on anirudh's cheeks. He was glad that his girl was doing a good gesture. Not every people have this kind heart in this world. Iyappan threw a stare glare at anika while anika looked at him with her innocent face.

"Just give her that 100 rupees she can buy a veg meal with that money. That's enough for her." Iyappan said, a little sternly.

"Anika, I give you the money." Anirudh said, forwarding a couple of notes to her.

Iyappan looked at anirudh shocked. Anika's face brightened up with smiles as soon she saw the money in anirudh's hand. Just then, she realised that he knows her name but didn't bother.

"Not bad! Okay, you have this 100 rupees since you gave me 500 rupees. Anu will pay you back 400 rupees okay?" Anika said, crossing her fingers.

"That's fine. You have that 100 rupees you'll need it." Anirudh said, with a smile.

"Okay then, have this lollipop." Anika said.

Anirudh looked at the lollipop in his hand and smiled at himself. He liked the humour in her and that innocence in her, as he always did.

Anika sticked out her tongue and showed off the money to iyappan. Iyappan shirked and moved closer to anirudh's car.

"Oh, I forgot to say this. Thank you Anil." Anika said, giving a small hug to anirudh.

Anirudh's eyes blunted away in an utter shock and stunned. He didn't know how to react.While Iyappan's jaw dropped dead down watching anika's sudden act.

He knew anika's thanking way was different but he didn't expect that hug to anirudh this early. Anika left the place and gave the money to the old lady who was waiting for her.