Chapter 24

Anika's POV

Niku... Baby.. Ani... Anu crying..

Word after word hit my ears loudly in a bawling voice. The voice was so familiar to me but I'm not able to recognise who exactly it is! Urghh! My head.. my stomach hurts heavily.

I shriek my head forcefully as I'm not able to take the pain in me. Through the dark screen I can see the scenario of me getting harassed by Rohit!

Am I died?! Where am I now ?! I questioned to myself as I can't feel anything. Why does everything looks so blank for me?! No.. No I shouldn't be died, anil.. anil ! Just then, I slightly feeled a soft skin interacting with me, a crying voice, the hold of a hand. I'm slowly feeling the warmth of everything.

PLEASE NIKU, WAKE UP !

Those words from a manly voice cherished me. I'm alive, I'm not dead !Iyappa.. Yappa is here I can pleasantly hear his voice. He's talking to me! I pressed my lips weakly and uttered his name.

I could feel my own air passing through me, feeling so suffocated. Not giving up, I moved my fingers just within his hold of my hand and uttered his name once again.

Finally, I was able to breath out firmly and the fresh air on my face cherished. I realised that iyappan took out the oxygen mask. Taking all the guts in me, I tried my level best to open my eyelids. I could still hear iyappan calling my name, excitedly. But my eyes, my body I feel so weak and painful! I can't even move a bit.

Shirking my eyes, with all the courage I opened my heavy eyelids and found iyappan right beside me. He looked so happily excited, his red eyes effected me a lot. He cried!

But..But where are others ? I ran my eyes around the room looking out for others but all I was able to see was me trapped around with so much wires and machines.

"An.. Anil yenga? Anil van.. vandhachaa?" I asked, stressfully pressuring my lips.

"Ani returned back from LA long time! He just now went home to freshen up. I'll call him and tell him to come back." He said, smiling within his tears. "But Niku how do you feel?"

"I.. feel dizzy! Head is bursting and my stomach pain is so terrible. Yennaku onnume mudila.. naa yeppdi ingaa vandhen iyappa?" I said, wearily.

"Shanky admitted you here! Just be here niku I will go call anu and come she'll check on you." He said, rushingly.

He left the room within moments to fetch anu. Meanwhile I thought of getting up straight to sit but then I can't move as my right arm is bandaged and my left hand is injected, intravenous fluid.

Still I tired to move but I understood that I can't do anything by own. I hate this so much! The cramps, the pains and all sorts of difficulties.

Suddenly, the door in front of my bed was opened widely. Anu, Sreyas and everyone rushed into my room shock surprised. The moment my gaze got fixed on anu and sreyu I losed myself. I was sure that I was gonna cry badly.

"Niku !" Anu said, as she checked on with my pulse and the activity of my heart through the ECG machine. Tears slowly dropped crossingly as I'm laid down on the bed. I clutched anu's hand tightly and cried.