Chapter 30

Anirudh's POV

Sweet cold snores passed through my face, waking me up from my deep sleep. Shrinking my eyes tight to sleep back but then I couldn't. I turned around and looked at my right squinting my face.

Instantly, my lips curved and a smile crept was seen under my cheek. It always a boon for me to see her sleep holding my arms tight with an innocent look. A feeling where I can't explain how beautifully she sleeps.

Slowly, I took off my duvet, moved a little placing her head on my bolster causing not disturbance to her sleep. I pecked a soft kiss on her forehead and left to the bathroom.

Finishing my morning routines, with a cup of coffee I and Sreyas started to have a smooth-talk about rohit's brother yadev's disperse.

Sreyas had came to visit anika, but as she's sleeping we both tempted to talk about the serious matter which is going around.

We both went super serious with the topic we were talking. Outta a sudden, I heard some noise from my room wasn't really sure of the noise that came out. Must be some hallucinations!

' Shanky!! ' Anika screamed.

I and Sreyas jerked in shock hearing anika's voice loud like a thunderstorm. Quickly, I made my way towards my room cluelessly and worried. Entering the room I saw her awake as she looked trembled I went upto her and comforted her in my embrace.

' Shanky... Shanky.. ' She sobbed!

' Niku ma what's wrong ? Shanky is not here.. Sreyas has come to see you. ' I said, lifted her face up using both of my hands.

Droplets of sweats wetted her face agitatedly and tears dropped down her cheeks. I wondered why?

' Niku, Nothing happened! Kannuvu kandu bayandhu iruka. ' I said, caressing her back softly.

' No ani! No! Shanky.. Something happened to Shanky! He's in danger.. ' She said, crying.

' What ? Niku, you don't know what that fellow is doing he's enjoying his day with anu at her house. Night'tu semma planning lan panni anu birthday celebrate panni irukan. ' Sreyas said, in a chuckled tone and took his seat beside anika.

' No sreyu! Shanky ke accident aiiduchi.. vaa poi pappom! That... same white audi car hit shanky. She said, exaggeratedly as if she saw the whole incident live.

' Niku, inga paaru! Enna paaru! ' I said, tuning her face to face me and eye contacted with her.

' Nothing has happened to Shanky! He's perfectly fine and safe! Do you get that? It's just that you're stressing yourself by overthinking. ' I said in a very serious tone and looked deep into her eyes.

' No ani.. I'm not overthinking something have really happened to Shanky. Rohit have done something to him come let's go save him. ' She said, weepingly and placed her head on my chest.

She cried! She murmured! She pleaded! For no reason she's stressing herself badly. I'm so confused in how to bring her back to normal. She's physically getting disturbed by overthinking.

' Machan.. try calling shanky! ' Sreyas said, in a low tone.

I looked at sreyas hesitatingly. Believing that none of what anika is talking about isn't true.

' Just for anika's sake da! ' He said.

I took my phone from the table nearby, unlocking my lock and quickly called shanky with an intense pressure look. The ring went on and on, having my lollypie on my arms I was able to hear sobs so closely.

' He's attending the call ' I said, normally.

' I try calling anu you call him again. ' Sreyas said.