Chapter 6

A familiar skinny man stood there, with a dashing smile on his face. Anika shrunk away and turned away to have her ice cream. The man's face turned pale and went down, he kindly took his seat beside with an apologetic face.

Anu and Shashank signalled the man infront of them to convince her but anika took her ice cream cup in her hand, faced the other side.

The man was none other than our Anirudh.

Anirudh's heart sank down, watching anika's doings. He never thought she would be this serious. Anika didn't even dare to look up to him nor talk to him. She didn't expect that she would see anirudh with them for a dinner.

She was just pretending to be mad !

"Anika, I'm sorry !" Anirudh apologized.

"I don't want your sorry." Anika said, a little sternly.

"Niku, behave yourself. Ani is apologising you right. Give some respect to him." Anu said, in a concerned tone.

Anu's words hit anika's heart deeply. She fixed her gaze on the table and looked upset. Anu didn't mean to heart her but Anika took it the other way.

Anika's face turned pale, her cheeks burned red as she was almost about to cry. Anirudh noticed the hurtful face in anika and he was dead at the spot.

He couldn't take his girl being upset.

"Heyy, Anu chill down ! She is our Anika, let her be the way she likes. Don't restrict her." Anirudh said, supportively.

"But ani.." Anu stopped in middle, as anirudh paused her showing his hand.

He looked at anika, who was still staring at the table, playing with her shawls drape edge. Anirudh felt like covering up her with a huge hug and make her feel secured.

He couldn't take her silence and that sad face in her. He knew, it would be wrong if he envelope her with a bare hug, he tired to control his emotions but at last he couldn't.

Anirudh moved closer to anika, pulled his chair closer and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, friendly.

The moment when his soft palms touched her waist he felt like a dream to be this close with her, although there was a centimetre gap left between them.

"Heyy Anika! Cool down! To repay my mistake I have got you a surprise." Anirudh said, smilingly.

Anika looked up at anirudh, surprised. Instantly a smile crept on her cheeks.

"Yenna surprise ?" Anika asked, excitedly.

Anirudh pulled out a box from the hidden place and kept it on the table. Anika looked at it suspicious, firstly. Just then she realised it's a new iPhone 5c. She turned around and looked at anirudh, with her blunted eyes.

Never in her life none have thought to get her a phone or surprise her. But here, her close Ruth Star surprised her touchingly.

Anika turned more excited, forgetting about the childish anger and opened the box, happily. Anirudh was elated to see her excitement joys.

Anu and Shashank watched anika's doings happily. Anika pulled out the ribbion thread from her bag, held anirudh's hand and tied it.

" Thank you anil." Anika said, cherished.

"Hey! It's my pleasure to surprise you. You shouldn't thank me for all these." Anirudh said, patted anika's cheeks friendly.

Anika smiled dashingly and pulled everyone together for a group photo. Anika's hand was placed on one of anirudh's shoulder, he gave a grateful look at her as it gave shivers to his body.