Chapter 17

Anika's POV

As the new year approached, I was so eager for this month to get a start as it's a special month for me, a month which indicates my age and my maturity.

Although I get older I'm still not able to change my maturity level, it's just too hard for it. I just love the way how Im and my love also loves it.

So, I'm not going to change myself for anyone unless it has to happen naturally.

I woke up to anirudh's cold snores which was hitting on my ears, creepily. The morning sunshine entering into my room through the curtains gave me so much of positive vibes. I could feel that this day will be a memorable one for me.

With that, I jumped down off my bed and walked towards the bathroom, to get ready for the day. After a hot shower, I fiddled my fingers on the wardrobe to find a best and elegant outfit, the white and pink mixed colour salwar which got my eyes took my attention towards it. I love it ! I quickly made my way to the closet to change my dress.

After that, I dried my hair and plated it, applying some foundation on my face. I just looked simple in this look and I grinned myself, looking at my reflection at the mirror.

Just then, my eyes glanced at anirudh rolling off the bed. I walked towards the bed, with an intention of to wake him up. Let my day get a blissful start with his wish.

Yes, Today is my birthday and that's why I have been too happy and excited.

"Anil! Anil!" I called him, climbed on the bed and scratching his hand.

"Niku ma, I'm too tired! Let me to sleep peacefully for a while." He said, in a sleepy haze.

"Okay !" I replied, in a upset tone.

No wish! No happiness! I got down off the bed with a sad face and decided not to disturb him, so then I went downstairs to pray and have my breakfast. There was no one in home, I made something myself and had my breakfast.

None have wished me till date, expect shanky. He was the very first person to wish me sharp at 12 midnight. He's such a sweet guy that my nu has got.

His call was just so surprise and a stunned one. The fact I can't digest is that my anu who wishes me the first every year but this year she still hasn't.

Thinking about this, my mind and my everything was turning to be dull. To change my mood I pulled my phone, taking a seat on the couch at the living hall and started to play mario run in my phone. As this is the only thing which helps me out!

After a few moments, I glanced at the wall clock to check the time and it was 12 already! Afternoon, Damm I spent my half day playing games on my phone with no fun at all.

I got up from the couch to wake up anirudh, just on time lakshmi amma entered into the house I gifted a smile to her and rushed my feet back to my room.

I have to do this! I don't want my birthday to be an unhappy day. I entered into my room furiously, as soon as I got in I saw Anirudh coming out from the bathroom. Thank god! I didn't have to wake him up.

I just looked at him confusedly like so abnormal. I took a deep breath and let it out, firmly.

He made his way towards the dressing room and I followed him back. I badly wanna know if he knows my birthday date.