Chapter 22

Anirudh's POV

Anika, the moment when it came out from shashank's mouth in a bawled voice. I felt the world in silence, I couldn't hear anything other than her name loudly! I was tensed! What happened to my niku? What happened to her? That was all my questions right now!

"Anika ku accident aiiduchidaa machan. She's admitted at the ICU." Shashank said, crying.

Hearing this, I didn't know how to react, sorta like just shut down. My face goes slack, mouth slightly opens, body unmoving and colour draining. I just starred at shashank with a wide-eyed look.

My hand slowly loosened, leaving the hold of his collar. I could feel my eyes turning red and the tears welling up. I don't know what to do at this moment! I was so broken down like my whole world was shattered down.

"Niku..." I shouted, at out of my lungs.

Not caring about anything, I just ran towards the ICU room to have a look at my niku. Never in my life I dreamt of a scenario that would happen happen for me, no for my niku.

Why does is it always her ? I ran trembly as I couldn't digest the fact in. All my happiness into meet her just vanished like an ashtray!

As I got closer to the ICU ward room, I felt an arm on my chest, stopping me from getting in. I glanced at the person infront brokenly, it's anu stopping me and behind my boys pulling me out. I badly want to see my niku's face, my lollypie's face.

"Anu !! What happened to my niku? I want to see her please." I said, trying to break the hold of my friends hand.

"You can't see Anika now!" Anu said, in a very strict voice.

"Why? Don't I have the rights? Why can't you people understand my pain? What happened to her can someone tell me please!" I said, lasting out my emotions firmly.

"Calm down da ani! Anu will let you soon to see anika." Sreyas said, convincingly.

I didn't take his convinced words into my ears all I wanted now was to see my lollypie.

"Ani ! Anika is under treatment she's in a very serious and critical condition. Chief doctors are treating Anika at their level best. It's really hard to save anika's life." Anu said, fixing her gaze at the floor.

Speechless and numb! The hot wet tears fill up my eyes, my throat closed tight and each word pitched higher than the last in an effort to squeak out the words that were bottled up inside me.

Finally the tears spilt over and flowed down my face like a river excaping a dam. So, shattered to hear this from anu. What must have happened for my niku to be in a critical condition? Questions just kept on muddling on my head.

"Hard to save anika's life!" I gasped, saying it within myself.

Everyone of my friends faced down! Everything just turned to the opposite way, my surprise, my happiness literally my whole world is in a critical condition now.

"Are you trying to say that anika will leave me, indirectly?" I questioned, brokenly.

"Probabilities are that way. We're working our best level to bring anika back to normal. Ani you really need to calm yourself." Anu said, trying to console me.

"How to calm myself anu? My Niku is in a miserable state inside. Did I just fly all the way from Los Angeles to see my Niku this way? I left her all alone with all your trusts but see now what I have got to see." I said, crying under my breath feeling so hurted.

"Ani, she was in our control these whole week of days. But today, everything just went out of our ways. I seriously wonder why she left the house though I informed her that I will buy her food." Sreyas said.