Chapter 28

Anika's POV

Feels so good to be here, the magnificent place Albuquerque always cheers me up with bunch of immense people around me. The vibes I gain staying up in are positively blessed.

Fiddling my hands around the colour cuboid puzzle at the porch with some fresh air, I stayed quiet just playing with it interestingly.

Iyappan, sid and sreyas all were buzzed with crap jokes. While Anirudh was busy with recording. Glad, that he's concentrating on his career and working so hard for it.

As I was in my own world, my eyes glanced at a white plastic bag right front of me which looked familiar to me. I was now out of my world.

"Hey Niku, I found this bag in your hand on the day when you were harassed.Sorry I couldn't give it to you earlier." Shanky said, taking a seat on the couch.

"That's fine Shanky! I was actually worried about this finally it's here." I said.

Instantly, I smiled seeing the rings inside the plastic cover safely. I was so relieved that i was able to save atleast this one for anirudh. I looked up at Shanky and gifted him a warm smile.

"Thank you Shanky.. Heyy wait where are you coming from?" I asked, doubtfully as I spot something fishy on his face.

"Yenna machan room la irundhu appdiyae vaariya?" Sreyas teased.

There was no response from Shanky. He looked confused and clueless at the same time as he couldn't get us. Literally, everyone was laughing so hard looking at Shanky.

"What's so funny here? Why are you guys laughing at me?" Shanky said, in an irritated tone.

"Shanky, don't you have this habit of doing your basic routine in morning when you get up from bed?" I asked, biting a laugh silently.

" I do ! " He said, simply.

"Then what's all those red marks on your face? Workout with anu so early aahan." Iyappan said, sarcastically and cocked his eyebrow.

"Oh damn shit!" Shanky said, under his breath.

"Morning treat is made for shanky. Unna ippdi pakka semmaiya iruku daa." Sid said, teasingly.

Shanky face palmed himself as he just realised the scenario that happened in the car with anu. He was embarrassed by his friends as none of them couldn't stop laughing and burry him with teasings.

Quickly, he rushed to the bathroom to wash his face. He couldn't take our teasings and he felt so bad for himself for being so dumb. Just then, anirudh came and joined in with us.

He wasn't sure about what we were talking about and iyappan gave him a short explanation on what happened.

Altogether we started to laugh and giggle so much. Yet we still didn't stop, though Shanky washed his face. He didn't take our teasings serious much as he knew well about us.

I could see him blush and smile to himself. And that made me to tease him more. It was going on and on, Shanky was mocked deeply untill he couldn't talk anymore. After a while we relaxed ourselves and diverted our talks.

"Ani, show me your left hand." I said, with a smile on my face.

He forwarded his hand towards me with a questioning look. I took out one of the ring from bag, held his hand and slowly slid it into his ring finger. I looked deep into his eyes as my face brightened up with blushes.

"My lollypie !" He uttered the name that was written on the ring.

I nodded my head up and down, excitedly. Then, I pulled out my ring forwarding it to him to wear it on my finger.