Chapter 16

Anu's POV

Today's the which is going to change my life, literally everything. I'm going to be shashank's property in few hours, exchanging the rings and having his name beside mine. Yes, the day has arrived for us to be engaged officially.

All though this is just an ordinary engagement but I still belong to him as his better half. Everything is going perfectly as per the plan but just one hard feeling is that my niku, my lovable lollypie won't be attending this function. This is so hard to digest that your sister won't be around with you to share your happiness.

Finally, spending 2 hours for make up now I was completely dolled up, wearing my most favourite blue lehenga, with a heavy stoned work. But I still had to finish up with my hair style.

Guests and close friends of mine, shashank's all were arriving at, Park Hyatt Hotel. As the time was running, I speeded up myself to finish with my hairstyle. Just then, I heard a knock at my room door surely it's my mom.

Who else would knock when I spend so much time in styling myself. I got up from the chair, proceeding my way towards the doorstep to open the door.

I opened the door causally and found shashank standing, wearing his blue kurta smartly. I raised an eyebrow throwing a glare at him as I saw a playful smirk on his face.

"Woah! Look how gorgeous you're on this beautiful lehenga. Damn! Anu you're driving me crazy." Shanky said, making his steps towards me.

"What do you want here? Who asked you to come here?" I asked, a little reculantly.

"There's alot of things I need from you actually." He said, grinning widely.

"Shanky please go out before amma or appa comes in." I said, crushing my teeth.

"Baby, they're busy downstairs. No one will come. Just for a while and then I will leave this place by myself." He said, pulled me into his embrace.

I was trapped by his strong arm, around my waist line. He slowly starred to nipple around my earlobes giving sweet kisses. I couldn't do anything other than moan in shiver.

He's driving me crazy! I slowly tried my level best to get away from this trap but then I couldn't. I was so irritated with his antics.

"Shanky! Please you're my baby right? Leave me now and then you can do whatever you want to after the function gets over." I said, in a low voice.

He quickly turned me around in a swift moment and looked deep into my eyes with a serious look. I looked at him confused not knowing what he's trying to do.

"What's wrong with you nu? Why does your eyes look dull and you sound off? Where's your smile that always brightens up on your face." He asked, cupped my cheeks using his both hands.

I shrunk away from meeting gaze, looked down at the floor. I can't hide anything away from him. He knows me so well and he can find my pain just scanning my face.

I moved closer to him and hugged him, placing my head on his chest. Immediately, his arms were around me securely.

"I seriously can't be happy without having anika on my own engagement function. She's elder to me and without her how can this function happen? No one really understands my feelings. I just feel so numb for not having my own sister on this occasion." I said, brokenly.

"Others doesn't, but I understand your feelings Nu. You're upset because Anika isn't here right? Don't worry I will take care of this.Dont ask me how. You will come to know by yourself soon." He said, tuning my face to face him.

I starred at his eyes, in disbelief. I seriously don't know how I'm going to face my relatives and my close friends with this face. Faking a smile to everyone aren't gonna help me throughout the night of this function.