2

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

My alarm clock went off at six o'clock on Friday morning and I let out a groan before pressing stop. Stupid Liam Powers and his crappy understanding of biology. Making me get up an hour before my regular time.

With another tired sigh, I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to begin my daily routine. Satisfied with my clean and awakened skin, I walked back to my room to locate something to wear.

Picking out a long sleeve, t-shirt, I slipped it on over my bra before slipping on a pair of leggings. Grabbing a pair of Nike tennis shoes, I slipped them on before going to my vanity table and plugging up my hair straightener. While that was heating up, I applied some foundation on to cover my blemishes.

I brushed my wavy hair out before grabbing the flat iron and straightening my hair strand by strand.

Routine. Everyday I do the same routine, nothing ever changes. I wear what my father finds appropriate and I pretend I'm okay. I straighten my hair every morning because my wavy hair looks too much like my mother's.

Once done, I unplugged my flat iron and tidied up my room.

Satisfied with my room, I grabbed my backpack and made my way to the kitchen for breakfast.

I arrived at school at six fifty. Getting out of my car, I quickly made my way to the Tutoring Center to prepare for the catastrophe that is Liam Powers.

[•]

I let out another sigh before looking at the time on my phone.

7:10

He was late.

I woke up an hour earlier and he's fricking late. Stupid ignoramus jerk.

Ten more minutes passed and there was still no signs of Liam. Shaking my head, I took out my own notebook to read over my notes.

When it was seven thirty, the door opened and another tutor walked in with his student.

"Hey, Mike" I waved and they took a seat in the back.

"Hey, Rose, one of your students flaked on you?" He asked and I nodded.

"I think he did." I sighed before gathering my things.

Mrs. Knowles will know that I tried. I gave him a time to come in and he didn't show up. Not my fault if he doesn't graduate.

As I was putting my notebook in my backpack, the door opened and Liam walked in.

It was seven forty.

"Hi," He smiled at me and I blinked.

"You're late."

He smiled again as if it would fix the fact that I've been waiting for him for over half an hour. "Sorry, I got held up."