54

I looked over at Mia as she milly rock to a country song and I laughed before glancing at Jenifer

I looked over at Mia as she milly rock to a country song and I laughed before glancing at Jenifer. The look of absolute disgust on her face made me almost double over in laughter.

Mia shuffled her way towards me and she grinned.

"Dude, annoying your slightly racist future stepmom is my new favorite."

I smiled at her and glanced at Jenifer. She dropped her sneers and waved with a fake smile. Mia and I waved before I turned to face Mia.

"I just don't understand why someone chooses to hate another human based on their skin color." She let out a sigh and I nodded.

"Promise to tell me if it gets to be too much and you want to go home."

"Promise," she gave me a hug.

"Now go do your bridesmaid duties."

"Yes ma'am." I nodded before going towards Jenifer for my next task.

[0]

"Why are we not talking about this now?" I heard Katelyn's voice and I stopped.

All the bride's side of the wedding party was supposed to be getting the last finishing touches added to us before the wedding ceremony in about thirty minutes. However, an hour ago Jenifer and Katelyn left and went to Jenifer's private section of the prep room. I had thought it was because they wanted to have a mother daughter moment but it progressed to sounding  more and more like an argument.

"Katelyn, I do not want to do this today." Jenifer snapped and I stepped through the dividers.

"Hi," I greeted softly and the two of them turned to face me. Katelyn crossed her arms in front of her chest and glared at her mother.

"I'm not walking down that isle until you tell me who my father is." She threatened and my eyes widened.

Oh crap.

"Do not start this today. Not on this day Katelyn." Jenifer snapped before taking off her wrap and going towards her wedding dress.

The dividers opened and Olivia, the maid of honor walked in and smiled at Jenifer.

"Are you ready for this?"

"Absolutely," Jenifer smiled before stepping into her dress. Olivia zipped her up and the joyful smile on Jenifer's face brought a smile to my face.

The dress was a deep v-neck mermaid dress that hugged her form perfectly. The front was a lace fabric that wrapped around her into a low dip on her back.

She looked like royalty.