51

It's graduation day

It's graduation day.

"It's graduation day!" Mia yelled at me from across the school hallway and I grinned at her.

She's being unnecessarily dramatic by yelling that across the hallway but I didn't even care.

We did it. We finished the most annoying four years of our lives and today we get a piece of paper as our proof of survival.

Amazing.

I reached Mia and she wrapped her arms around me in a hug and I laughed softly.

"We did it, we're graduating and were going to do bigger and better things with our lives." She said and I nodded in agreement.

"I can't wait to see your work in art galleries and museums." I smiled at her and her eyes twinkled with excitement.

"And I can't wait to see you mold and shape the minds of our future." She grinned and I fought hard to keep my smile up.

She doesn't know that my father and I decided to switch my major to law. I won't be a teacher anymore, but rather a lawyer.

"We're going to be great." I smiled instead.

"Are you ready for graduation rehearsal?" She asked and I nodded as we walked down the stairs to go towards the school's football field.

Today the weather is on our side. With a forecast of partly cloudy with low wind, it's the perfect atmosphere for an outdoor graduation.

"Are you ready for your speech?" She asked and I shrugged.

"As ready as anyone with social anxiety can ever be."

Which is not ready at all.

"Remember to look at me if you get scared," she offered and I smiled before nodding.

"It's graduation day!" Sam's voice shouted from behind us and we turned to face her as she started running towards us.

With a laugh, she jumped into both of our arms and I laughed.

"Mia did this, literally two minutes ago."

"Is it still not exciting though?" She raised an eyebrow at us.

"It is."

We finished our walk to the football field we're all of the seniors were gathering. Everyone that is supposed to walk across the stage today was on this field.

The same people that started kindergarten together. Then there's people like me who joined this clan a little bit later on. None of us are the same, each of us with a purpose.

"It's graduation day!" Someone yelled and we all cheered.

It really is.

[0]