14

*Trigger Warning*

*Trigger Warning*

Mr. Sharon blew on his whistle and I gladly came to a stop on our warm up run. Everyone else followed and we gathered in the middle of the gym and stretched as we waited for instructions.

"Today we are doing an obstacle course." He grinned I along with the rest of the class let out consecutive groans.

Anytime Mr. Sharon says obstacle course, it results in us having to crawl in confined spaces or doing burpees and other unattractive activities.

"Come on Coach," Liam voiced and we turned to face him.

"It's the beginning of the semester, can't we do something else?" He asked and for the first time in my life I nodded in agreement with him.

"Okay, like what?" Mr. Sharon asked.

"Dodgeball," Riley Peterson offered.

"Need I remind you of what happened last time?" Mr. Sharon asked and I quickly dropped my gaze to avoid eye contact as my face turned red.

"Maybe not dodgeball," Liam chuckled and I sent him a pointed look. "How about kickball?" He asked receiving cheers of approval from a few classmates.

"I usually would oppose to you guys telling me what to do, but you voluntarily want to exercise so I can't complain. I need two team captains." Mr. Sharon said and I smiled, relived that we avoided one of Mr. Sharon's ridiculous obstacle courses.

[0]

"How's your report card?" Liam asked me as we made our way to biology.

"Fine," I answered.

It's anything but fine.

"Did Daisy get a bad grade?" He teased and I let out a sigh.

"Don't tease me about things you don't know." I muttered before speeding up.

I'm probably being a little dramatic. Chances are, Liam's report card contains more letters of the alphabet than mine. But Liam Powers is not me. He doesn't have a father like mine.

A father that will be absolutely livid that I have a B in Spanish instead of an A like the rest of my classes.

"Oh, come on Daisy, I was kidding." Liam matched my pace and I looked at him.

"You're always kidding, that's your problem." I told him and he let out a sigh.

"Yeah you're definitely right there." He nodded and I shook my head at him before walking into class.

"What are you doing?" I asked when he took the seat next to me.

"Mrs. Knowles said we would have a lab today." He smiled and I let out an inaudible sigh.