17

"Are you sure you can't come to the party with us?" Sam plead as we stepped out of the movie theatres and towards our cars

"I can't, I'm sorry." I apologized as I kicked a rock out of my way. I want to be able to go out and stay out late with my friends, even if it's to a stupid party at Liam's house.

But that's not an option.

"Well, why don't you just come with us now?" Mia asked as she cut my path to my car. "It's not like your dad will find out?" She smirked.

Yes, he will. In fact, he probably knows my location right now.

"I can't Katelyn is coming into town remember?" I asked as I walked around Mia.

The way she's looking at me makes me want to say screw it and go to this stupid party.

"Oh fine." Mia pouted and I sent her a small smile.

"I'll see you guys on Monday."

We shared hugs and bid our goodbyes before we each got in our cars.

As I was about to start mine, I received multiple texts from Katelyn.

Smiling, I sent her a quick reply.

Shaking my head with a smile, I started the car and made my way home

[0]

Before I could even step through my front door, I was practically tackled with a hug.

"Happy Birthday!" Katelyn screamed and a smile took over my face.

"Thank you."

"You're legal!" She squeezed me harder.

"I can't breathe."

She released me and stepped back with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I've just never had an older sister to be excited for on their birthday before." She explained and my smiled widened at the word sister.