58

I was placing my headphones on my ears when Katelyn and Jenifer walked down the stairs

"Where are you going?" Jenifer asked.

She and dad returned from their honeymoon about three days ago and quite honestly, I wish they would go back. All of the kissing and affectionate touching is a bit nauseating.

"The gym." I smiled back and Katelyn clapped her hands together.

"Can I come?"

"With me?" I asked hesitantly. I don't exactly work out with others. I tried once with Sam and Mia and I got frustrated because they talked more instead of actually working out.

"Yes, I want a six pack too." Katelyn nodded and I rolled my eyes.

"You have a six pack?"  Jenifer asked and I nodded.

"It could be better." I nodded.

"Liar," she accused before turning to her mom. "It's perfect, defined but not too muscly and I am very jealous." Katelyn argued and I shook my head at her.

"Well now I want this six pack." Jenifer laughed. "Can I join?"

"To work out?" I asked and she nodded.

"Roselle doesn't workout well with others." Dad stepped into the living room. He walked over and grabbed Jenifer by the waists and kissed her until Katelyn had to clear her throats for them to stop.

"What do you mean?" Katelyn asked rolling her eyes at our parents PDA.

"Her workouts are rigorous and she doesn't stop for anyone." He explained and I crossed my arms and looked at the ground.

Sad thing is, he doesn't know that he's the reason my workouts are that rigorous. I didn't want him to have another reason to ridicule me.

"It can't be that bad, I'm a competitive swimmer, I've endured some hardcore workouts. " Katelyn scoffed. "I want a six pack and you're going to give it to me." She turned on her heels and marched upstairs to change.

"I'm going to join you guys. It'll be a nice bonding thing." Jenifer clapped and I offered a small smile. She followed her daughter upstairs and I stared down at me feet for a moment before looking up at my father.

"She makes you happy," I stated. It wasn't a surprise, I was just stating an observation.  He nodded with a small smile.

"I just wished it didn't have to take this long for me to finally get it." He said, accusations clear in his voice.

"Sorry for the inconvenience." I looked up at him. Sorry my mother died.

"What are your plans this week?" He asked changing the subject and I frowned. Since when has he ever cared for my time?