30

^Some aesthetics for ya

^Some aesthetics for ya.^

[0]

"I think this is the one." Jenifer smiled at me through the mirror and I smiled before turning at a different angle to look at the prom dress.

On Thursday, my father had called Katelyn and I and told us to fly up to New York so we can try on bridesmaid dresses and prom dresses for me.

He didn't give us a warning, he just told us he already emailed the plane ticket info and we were to arrive no later than Friday morning.

Upon our arrival at eight this morning, we were both dragged to some expensive hotel and Katelyn, the four other bridesmaids, Olivia and I have been trying on dresses since then.

Jenifer finally agreed on one an hours ago.

Since then, I've been trying on prom dresses.

I spun one more time before turning to look at my reflection in the mirror.

"I like it too." I nodded.

It doesn't overly expose my body like the ones Katelyn has been suggesting and it's not overly modest like the ones my dad has been suggesting.

Which is why they are both no longer here.

Jenifer must've notice my anxious behavior around them because she sent the both of them off to grab lunch together.

"You look so much like your mother." Jenifer whispered and my eyes snapped up to meet hers in the mirror.

"What did you say?" I asked.

She said it very quietly, but I heard it.

"Nothing." She shook her head and I turned to face her.

"You knew my mom?" I asked and she blinked before looking down at the floor.

"Jenifer." I brought her attention back to me. "Did you know my mother?"

She smoothed out nonexistent wrinkles on her her shirt before looking up at me.

"We, uhh... we rented an apartment together in our last year of college." She nodded and my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked before stepping towards her.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked and she cleared her throat.

"Because I only knew her for a brief moment." She nodded before looking away. "I needed someone to help me pay rent and Isabella  was looking for somewhere to stay that wasn't the UCLA dorms."

"Yeah, but I'm her daughter. I want to know about everyone that was in her life." I told her with a small smile.

She gave me a sad smile before tucking a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear. "You wouldn't have wanted to know me."