36

"Where are we going?" I asked as he opened my car door for me

"Somewhere fun." He smiled as he started his car.

"Are we legally allowed to be there?" I asked and his smiled widened as he glanced at me.

"Yes." He nodded with a chuckle.

"Just making sure." I said. "You told me once that most of your hobbies weren't legal."

"I lied." He confessed and I looked at him.

"I only said that to seem like a badass." He grinned and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You already had the image in your head, I just went along with it. My hobbies are all very legal." He smiled and I smiled a little.

"I never thought you were a badass." I confessed as we pulled up to a red light.

Quite frankly, I barely knew him until this year when I started tutoring him. The only things I knew about him where the lunch table gossip Mia and Sam would share.

"Excuse me?" He gasped.

"I thought you were a stupid jerk." I muttered and he gasped again.

"You're lying." He accused and I looked up at him through my lashes.

"Okay, maybe just a little." I confessed and he grinned.

"You did look pretty cool when you came to school on your motorcycle." I blushed and he grinned.

"Totally knew it," he said and the light turned green. "You were my stalker from day one."

"Oh, I was not." I scoffed and he chortled.

"Were too."

We moved again and I bit back a smile as I watched him drive. He's actually driving the speed limit so I have no urge to vomit.

I'm thankful.

"What's a place that you'd want to visit someday?" I asked and he glanced at me.

"California." He smiled at me and my eyebrows went up in surprise.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"I want to play for the Dodgers." He smiled and I shifted my body in the car seat a little to face him.

"My mom was a Dodgers fan." I told him and he glanced at me.

"Yeah?"

I nodded. "Anytime they were on, my mother was in front of the tv or she'd drag my dad to a game. I refused to step foot in a baseball stadium." I told him as I recollected the memory.