12

^~Rose Thorne aesthetics~^

"I'm switching our Friday sessions to the afternoon." I said to the top of Liam's head.

His head lifted and he looked at me with such an exciting gleam in his eyes that I almost laughed at him.

"Daisy don't play with my feelings." He said carefully and I shook my head at his lack of faith in me.

"I'm not. It's too early to learn." I told him.

It's actually just too early for me to help him. Liam complain a lot when he's tired. Sure, he complains a lot when he's not tired also, but at least then I can try to steer his attention to what we're learning or something. But that is not easy for me to do at seven o'clock in the morning.

"Is this your Valentine's Day present to me?" He asked with a sly smile.

With it being exam week for the end of the semester, I completely forgot that Sunday is Valentine's Day. It wasn't until Liam showed up this morning with a bouquet of daisies that the realization hit me in the face.

Valentine's Day is not celebrated in the Thorne household. Because it reminds us of what we've lost. At least it does for me, my father just drinks the night away in his room.

"I don't give presents on Valentine's Day because I don't like this holiday." I told him as I gathered my things.

"But I thought you liked me?" He said with a pout and I had to blink a few times in surprise.

A boy pouting should not be that attractive.

"I don't like you any more than when I was first forced to tutor you." I told him and he gave me a dramatic gasp.

"And to think I brought you flowers." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I did not ask you to." I told him before standing up and he followed suit.

"You know being mean is not good for the soul." He said as we walked out of the TC.

"And being annoying is not good for your social life." I shot back. He let out a loud laugh and I turned to give him a small smile.

"Mean, so mean." He shook his head at me and I shrugged.

"Not sorry." I told him before walking away.

[0]

"Happy Valentine's Day." Mia smiled at me when I took my seat during lunch time and I rolled my eyes at her. She and Sam both know that I do not like this holiday, they don't know the reason but they know.

"You too." I smiled at them. Mia slid a single slice box of pizza in front of me and my smile widened.

"Now this is a present I can appreciate." I said and Sam slid a small container of garlic sauce towards me.