44

I blinked in shock before slowly standing up

I blinked in shock before slowly standing up. I looked forward at the people in front of me and the first person I made eye contact with was my father.

I'm going to pay for this later.

"Are you going to come up here or not?" The judge spoke up and I snapped out of my shocked state.

This isn't supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to be seen. This is bad.

This is going to end bad.

"Am I allowed?" I asked quietly and he nodded.

"No, she wasn't in a list of witnesses or even potential witnesses. She has no involvement in this case." Dad stood up and objected.

"You made her go spy on my client." Natalie's lawyer argued and I glanced at Natalie.

She had on a devious smile and every few second she would glance at Liam and her smile grew.

She knows that if I go up there, Liam will lose this case. He's already on thin ice because she put up a very convincing act.

"Gentlemen, you can have your schoolgirl argument another time." The judge hit his gavel. "But right now, I want to know why this young lady lied about who she was to Miss Bell to try and get information."

He motioned me forward and I walked towards him.

As I walked forward, I looked at Liam and he had a concerned frown on his face.

Because if I go up there and I make things worst, it's over for him.

This isn't over yet, Liam.

"I'm going to give you two minutes to explain to the jury why you did what you did. You can do it here or you can do it in private." The judge spoke and I swallowed bile.

There's a good amount of people in here but the more people that hear this, the better off Liam will be.

"Here's fine." I choked out through my nerves.

"This is not allowed in a court of law." Dad objected again.

"Well this is my court of law." The judge answered and dad gritted his teeth before sitting down.

"Take the stand." He pointed at me.

I walked over and the bailiff held me back and made me swear to tell the truth and I responded before taking a seat.

Tucking my hair behind my ear, I looked at the jury.

"Natalie Bell came to visit our school and I am assuming she went to a classroom where she knew Liam would be in. But don't quote me on that." I clarified when I saw her lawyer write something down.