24

#367 in Chicklit!!!

#367 in Chicklit!!!

I screammed? Yeah, I'm a whole lot excited.

[0]

I stepped into the car before giving my dad a small smile and closing the door behind me.

This has been going on for over a week.

"How was school?" He asked as he drove off the school grounds.

"Good." I nodded. "Next week, we'll begin dissecting pigs in biology."

"Do you want to do that? I got the paper to prevent you from doing so. I can sign it if you want."

"That's okay." I told him and he gave me a small nodded.

A stretch of silence passed before he spoke again.

"Jen is going to call today about some bridesmaid stuff." He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I nodded.

It's not like I have a choice.

The rest of the car ride was silent and when we got home, we both went our separate ways.

Although I still don't have my car, my father gave me my phone back a few days ago.

I think it's just so he can have a hold on me at all times.

Whatever the case, I wasn't going to complain.

I was halfway through my homework when my phone rang for a FaceTime from Katelyn. With a small smile, I answered.

"Hold on, I have to pee. So, here's my mom." And with that, she handed the phone to Jenifer.

"Hi." I smiled politely and she returned the favor.

"Do you have a calendar near you? I have some very important dates to talk to you about." She instructed and I nodded before walking to the big calendar on my desk.

I sat down and grabbed a pen.

"I'm ready." I nodded.

For the next twenty minutes I sat at my desk while Jennifer threw important days about shopping days and rehearsals and food tastings at me and I wrote them down with a small, polite smile.

"Don't forget to tell her the wedding date too." Katelyn said sarcastically in the background and I bit back a laugh.

"Very funny." Jenifer rolled her eyes before standing up. After a quick goodbye, she handed the phone to Katelyn and a few seconds later, I heard a door close to tell me that she left the room.

"Well, at least I won't have a boring beginning to my summer." I teased and Katelyn rolled her eyes.

"It's ridiculous over here, there's always some flowers person or a cater here." She replied and I grimaced.