15

This story is updated on Saturdays, but here's a chapter on a Wednesday

[0][0][0]

"Rose did you hear me?" Mia asked and I shook my head and looked up at her.

"What?" I asked a little irritated.

"What is up with you today?" Sam asked and I looked over at her.

"Or the past week for that matter? You've been out of it." Mia asked and concern shadowed her face.

The cafeteria noise and the smell of processed food is making me irritable.

"I'm just a little stressed." I shrugged.

"You can talk to us Rose." Mia offered with a small nod.

I really can't.

Because I know how this will end. I'll tell them that my dad accidentally hit me out of anger and they will twist it and make it look bad. Like it was his fault. But I'm the one that made him angry. Then things would just get even more out of hand.

Yeah, no thanks.

"I'm just stressed about the whole new step mom thing." I told them. Which wasn't a lie.

"I had to call her the other night and tell her that I accepted her bridesmaid offer." I confessed and they cringed.

"It might not be that bad. My dad remarried and I like my new step mom and whenever she does something to piss me off, I just tell my dad and he usually buys me something new and shiny. Something about guilt." Sam said with half a smile.

Well my dad doesn't really do guilt.

He just makes chili.

"Yeah, plus weddings are really fun. Open bar and stuff." Mia said and I shook my head at her.

As we spoke, I felt a presence beside me and I looked over as Liam took a seat next to me.

I would never admit it to anyone but just his presence calms me down a little. Perhaps it's because he's the exact opposite of my life right now.

Happy, good, fun, and exciting.

"Hello ladies." He smiled at us.

"Hello Liam." Mia and Sam said at the same time.

"What can we help you with?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have an invitation for you three." He said and his brown eyes twinkled with excitement.

"Yeah?"

"I am throwing a party this Friday and I want you three to be there." He said before looking directly at me. "And by you three I mean, you Daisy." He said and my cheeks flushed.