22

I paced the floor of the tutoring center before letting out a long sigh

This might be my last time in here.

Yesterday I talked to Mrs. Lewis and explained to her that I don't have the time in my schedule to tutor anymore.

She put up a fight but in the end she simply gave me an understanding nod before wishing me luck with everything.

I've told all of the people I've tutored that I can't tutor them anymore and I referred them to some other good tutors in the program.

All except one.

Liam Powers.

Today I have to tell him that I can't tutor him anymore.

The door opened wide and Liam stepped in with a bright smile on his face.

"Daisy."

I'm not ready.

"Hi."

His smile was replaced with a frown and my heart squeezed.

With a sigh I walked over to my backpack and retrieved the small notecard from the side pocket and handed it to Liam.

"I can't tutor you anymore." I said quietly and his frown deepened.

"What?" He asked as he grabbed the paper from me.

"What's this? What do you mean?"

"I'm joining a few clubs and maybe getting a job so I won't have time to tutor anymore." I told him before pointing to the note in his hand.

"That's Ryan Parish's contact info. He's one of the best tutors at this school and he's willing to work with you if you put in the effort." I explained and he's confused frown deepened.

"You love tutoring." He stated.

Yes, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for people you love.

And I guess right now, I love my dad.

"Promise me you'll continue to do your work and you'll try to graduate high school with Cs." I told him before walking to my backpack and picking it up.

"Wait, slow down." He stepped in front of me. "Daisy slow the hell down." He grabbed my backpack from me.

"I have to go. Young Debaters club is starting in fifteen minutes." I said without looking up at him.

"Why aren't you tutoring anymore?" He asked and I kept my gaze down.

"I already told you."

He placed a hand under my chin and guided my gaze to his.

"Daisy." He said quietly and I let out a shaky breath.