61

Sleep was impossible for most of the night

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sleep was impossible for most of the night. It wasn't until the late morning that I managed to finally slip into unconsciousness. I wish I hadn't because when my alarm went off in the morning, I felt more exhausted than when I was awake.

Getting out of bed, I grabbed my overnight bag before going to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. As I was passing my parents old bedroom, I heard dad talking on the phone but I made no stops. The last time I did that, I ended up over the toilet vomiting.

I took a quick shower and after putting my hair in a ponytail and slipping into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, I made my way downstairs and found dad sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Good morning," he nodded.

"Morning," I replied before letting out a deep breath. He stood up from the sofa and pointed towards the kitchen.

"Breakfast is in there and the tape is in the vcr, you can eat while we watch this or you eat then  we watch." He stated and I nodded

"I'll just grab a few bites then we can get started." I explained and he nodded. I turned in my heel and made my way to the kitchen and I quickly grabbed a piece of toast and spread some jelly in it. I ate that with a glass of milk before returning to my waiting father.

"What did you eat? That was way too fast."

"Just toast with some milk." I brushed. I didn't want to keep him waiting. If I get hungry later, I can just eat something then.

"Okay," he frowned at me and I walked over to him on the couch. I took a seat next to him with enough space for us to not touch.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded.

I wasn't really, but telling him would only frustrate him and I didn't want to do that.

"This was labeled first and it had both of our names on it."

I nodded for him to pressed play.

Mom's laughter was what greeted me first.

"You have to take the lense cap off first Charles." She scolded and after a few fumbles, she came into view.

"There it is," she smiled and dad mumbled something into the camera.

"Okay, focus on the baby." Mom ordered and dad walked over to a crib. He focused the camera on an infant me and I smiled.