47

Liam

Liam

Roselle Thorne is an exceptional liar.

She has the capability of looking someone in the eyes and giving a bright smile while a lie slips right through her teeth. It's something she had to practice. Saying she's okay when she's clearly not. And she got good at it.

But I saw right through it.

There was nothing that would've been able to put me back to sleep after what had happened last night. I saw the mark on her arm and I had freaked out and started asking too many questions. Then I sent her into a panic attack.

Not my best move but at that moment, my priority was finding out who the hell put their hands on her.

Charles Thorne, that's who.

Letting out a sigh through my nose, I slipped my phone into my pocket before leaving my room. I walked down the hall to the guest bedroom where she was staying and I contemplated opening the door to check on her.

Letting out a long sigh and shaking my head , I backed away from the door and made my way downstairs.

Mom was in the kitchen, her tablet in front of her.

"Wow, you're up early." She raised an eyebrow before sipping her coffee.

I walked over and placed a kiss on top of her head and she smiled up at me.

"I have to take care of something." I told her and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Where?" She asked and I shook my head to dismiss her but she raised and eyebrow at me and I froze.

"I'm not sure if you know this, but your father and I pay for your car insurance and your gas. So, try again."

Right.

"Lucy needs that weird, fresh dog treat. The bakery only makes them in the morning. I have to grab some for her before they run out." I told her and she rolled her eyes. It's not an entire lie. I did need to those treats for Lucy, I just have to make a quick stop first.

"You spoil that dog."

I gave her a half smile before grabbing a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"I'll be back." I leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Alright, be safe." She dismissed as I grabbed my keys.

I turned around to face her. "Would you object if I took Daisy to breakfast?" I asked and she frowned.

"That way I can just take her home after?" I asked and she smiled.