45

Trigger warning

Trigger warning

I need to call Katelyn.

I've been avoiding her like the plague and she doesn't deserve that.

Last time you talked to her you were rude, she probably doesn't even want to talk to you anymore.

I wouldn't really blame her.

With another long sigh, I unlocked my phone and called her.

"Hello." She picked up on the second ring.

"Hi."

"Hi? After weeks of you ignoring me for I don't know what, all you have to say is hi?" She asked and my ran my hands through my hair.

"I'm sorry." I said pathetically.

"For what exactly? Because I'm not really sure why you've been ignoring me."

"I've just been busy lately, I'm not intentionally ignoring you." I lied. I have been ignoring her. But it had noting to do with her. I just don't trust myself to have a conversation with her as if everything is normal.

As if she's not doing everything in her power to find her birth father when he's been here all along.

"I don't like liars Rose. It's one of my pet peeves, so either tell me what's going on so we can fix it or don't talk to me." She said before hanging up.

Placing my phone down on the table, I ran my hands down my face and pressed down on my eyelids to keep my tears back.

I can't just tell her. Dad has to be the one to tell her.

Picking myself up from the couch, I made my way upstairs.

When I was passing by dad's office, he called out my name.

I turned around and entered his office with caution. He's still very angry that I went to Liam's hearing.

"Yes?"

"I was looking at your Dartmouth application and it says that your major is education." He stated and I nodded.

He's known that education is what I want to do. He doesn't like it, but he knows.

"Well, since you are so passionate about justice, you should switch to pre-law." He informed me and I shook my head no.

"Dad, I don't want to be a lawyer."

"Really? Because you were all for justice in that courtroom the other day." He smiled.