33

Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning.

"Good morning my dear sister." Katelyn's face smiled through my phone screen.

"I don't even need an alarm clock anymore." I gave a half grin before untangling myself from bed.

"I know, I'm such a great sister." She blew a kiss and I made my way to the bathroom.

"What are your plans for today?" I asked before grabbing my toothbrush.

"Shoe shopping for shoes." She replied and I frowned.

"What other reason would you shoe shop for?"

"Shut up, I meant for prom." She rolled her eyes and I stuck the toothbrush in my mouth with a smile.

"It sucks that our proms are on the same weekend. I wanted to come down and help you get ready."

"Not necessary, I have my dress, shoes and accessories. All I have to do is put them on, put on a dab of makeup and do something with my hair." I shrugged before spitting in the sink.

"No way, you need to go full out on your only prom night. You need to dazzle Liam." She wiggles her eyebrows.

At the sound of his name, my heart dropped.

"Liam isn't my prom date." I told her before rinsing my toothbrush and putting it away.

"What?"

"Quite frankly, he won't really look at me." I shrugged.

I don't really blame him, but it hurts.

Last week for example, we were suppose to do lab work together and he asked to work alone.

To anyone else, it's not that big of a deal, but for Liam Powers, the school's biggest 'people person' to choose to work alone rather than working with me. Well, that unheard of.

"What happened? Is he still mad at the laughing gas confession?" She asked and I shook my head before going downstairs with my phone in my hand.

Today, dad has a meeting with his current client about their court date in a few weeks.

Also known as Liam Powers.

"No." I told Katelyn before opening the refrigerator for some berries.

Grabbing a packet of instant oatmeal, I added some water in a bowl before popping in the microwave.

"What do you do when you've hurt something that was kind of good?" I asked and she gave me a frown.

"I'm not making any sense." I nodded and she gave me a sad smile.