yoda

yoda - chapter ten

cassie

I grabbed my fries, still a bit mad at Stiles for making me sit at the backseat of our father's car.

"Mmm. Did they forget my curly fries?" Dad asked us.

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones." My brother said.

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries." Dad mumbled and I chuckled.

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong." Stiles said as I continued eating my fries.

Dad looked at me and I just shook my head, Stiles chuckled, drinking his soda.

The police radio beeps and Stiles moves his hand to press it but dad quickly slapped his hand.

"Unit One, do you copy?"

My dad cleared his throat. "Sorry." Stiles mumbled.

"Unit One, copy." Dad mumbled, grabbing his radio and I smiled as Stiles shoved more fries on his mouth.

" Dad mumbled, grabbing his radio and I smiled as Stiles shoved more fries on his mouth

"Got a report of a possible 187."

Stiles and I turned our heads to look at our father. "A murder?" We both muffled asked.

¨¨¨¨¨¨

Dad parked the car and Stiles and I had our faces on the window.

"Stay here." Dad said. "The both of you."

I groaned and dad left the car while Stiles and I were trying to look.

"Lydia and Jackson?" I asked, pointing at the ambulance.

"Oh, no way." Stiles mumbled.

Our dad walked in their direction and I noticed that Jackson was pissed. I closed my mouth as I saw Jackson yelling at my father. Stiles opened the door, leaving the car slowly and I followed him.

Jackson was insulting our father as I was ready to kick his balls but Stiles grabbed my arm.

"Okay, now, I wanna go home!" Jackson screamed.

"Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?" My brother yelled, pointing to something and Dad looked at us. I shook my head and we got into the car again.

"Everybody back up. Back up."

¨¨¨¨¨¨

"Just a friendly reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a "C" average are requited to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and shelf-disgust should be more than enough punishment." Mr. Harris spoke up and looked at me and Stiles. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"