tattoo

tattoo – chapter forty three

cassie

We walked into the classroom and I sat in front of Scott. I smiled when I saw Lydia getting into the classroom with Allison. Lydia sat next to Stiles and Allison sat next to me. I raised an eyebrow when everyone's phones started ringing. I grabbed my from my pocket and started reading the text when someone walked in, reading it.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." The woman said, looking at us. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone." She said with a smile.

I turned off my phone and slid it back into my bag. Very creative. But I want to know how this teacher has all our phone numbers. Weird.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

I was writing, looking at my fingers and furrowing my eyebrows as I felt the electricity through them. I took a deep breath. I still don't have full control over my abilities.

"Mr. McCall?"

I looked up when I saw the new teacher looking at Scott, moving her hand and telling him to follow her. Scott grabbed his bag and his books and followed her outside the classroom. Ok. That's weird. I looked at Stiles and he just moved his shoulders up and down. It must be important if he had to leave the classroom. I'm very proud of Scott because he's trying to be better now. I shook my head and furrowed my eyebrows when Allison slid a paper on my table. I grabbed it quickly before the teacher could see it and I read it.

"Can we talk?"

I looked at her, nodding softly. I jumped on my chair when I heard a loud noise. Everyone looked at the windows and I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw a bird against the window, its body slid down in the glass and I saw the blood that was left there. I could heard the birds squawking and Ms. Blake walked towards the windows. There were a lot of birds flying out there, all of them flying in the school's direction. I gasped when another bird the window.

Then all of them, all of the birds started to shove themselves against the windows, breaking it and the ones who didn't died because of the impact started flying around the classroom.

"Get down, everyone!" Ms. Blake yelled.

I quickly pushed myself down and I watched when Stiles pulled his own body over Lydia to protect her. I saw a piece of shattered glass flying over my brother. I widened my eyes and focused on one of my abilities. Mental shield. I took a deep breath and I smiled when the glass didn't get any closer to him. I moved down even more, there was glass and birds everywhere and everyone was screaming.

"Get down! Get down!"

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

We finally started to stood up and walk around. The classroom was a completely mess. There was glass and feathers, even some of the dead birds, everywhere. I looked at Stiles and Lydia to check if they're okay. I also helped Allison to stand up.