get up

get up – chapter ninety

third person p.o.v.

In Lydia's mind, she was inside a river, it was dark and she was really confused.

"Tell me where you are, Lydia." Dr. Valack said. "Tell me what you see."

"The bridge..." She mumbled.

"Keep moving. Describe what you find. Tell me what he did." Valack said cleaning the small hole on her head and she gasped in pain. "Stay focused, Lydia."

She opened her eyes, looking at the walls and at the doctor. "What did you do to me?"

"I've amplified your abilities. Something that might just save the lives of your friends." He told her, who was breathing shakily. "Now focus on the bridge... On Theo. Why did he let his sister die?"

"I don't know."

"You don't see it yet. Search for it, Lydia. Keep looking. Why did he let her die? What did he want?"

Lydia looked down to the water and a hand grabbed her wrist, pulling its body above the water and causing her to let out a loud scream. She gasped when she saw Theo's sister. Without her heart.

She looked at Valack in panic, with tears in her eyes. "He wanted her heart."

Valack quickly grabbed some files, looking at the quickly. "There's no record of a heart condition. But a transplant would make Theo a Genetic Chimera like the others. The hypothermic conditions would keep the organ viable. But why him? Why choose a 10-year-old willing to kill his own sister?" He asked to himself.

"Why do you care?" Lydia asked him.

"Because Theo was a first step in the right direction for the Dread Doctors. Think of who they are. Para scientists who have prolonged their lives and twisted the laws of nature in pursuit of one goal. The creation of the perfect killer. And now they've done it." Valack said.

"But Theo doesn't know who the success is. The last Chimera." Lydia mumbled.

"It doesn't matter. There's a reason they chose him, a reason he failed, a reason they changed their methods and a reason they finally succeeded. It all starts with Theo." Valack looked at the girl's face. "When did you know for sure? That the Dread Doctors had succeeded?"

"Scott and Stiles found out that night."

"The night of the Super Moon."

"But they really didn't know it yet. There was too much going on." Lydia mumbled. "Liam had almost killed Scott. Cassie was lost inside her own body. Kira was still gone. Malia was trying to find The Desert Wolf."

"You were missing." Valack looked at her.

"And Sheriff Stilinski was dying..."

In the meanwhile, Theo and his pack were getting into the Eichen House after passing by the guards and walking into the reception.