coyote

coyote – chapter sixty

cassie

"You ate the last one!" I groaned.

"No, I didn't. It was there and you shoved it in your mouth!" Stiles crossed his arms.

"Stop lying! I saw you eating them." I crossed my arms, too.

"Your mouth is full of chocolate! It's even on your cheek and you're saying I'm the one who ate it?" Stiles argued.

"You are the most ridiculous person I've ever met!" I stick my tongue out at him.

"Well, you're my twin so I guess that goes for you too!" He snapped.

We both looked to the side when the door opened and I saw Scott.

"Why do you guys have chocolate all over your faces?"

I pointed at Stiles, yelling at him for eating my chocolate and he started to do the same and Scott was looking at us like he couldn't understand what we were saying.

"Okay! Okay, enough! Shut up!" Scott yelled and we looked at him. "You two and me. We're going to go out and find a body. A dead body."

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles said as we walked through the woods. In the middle of the night.

"I know." Scott said, holding his phone and checking if we were going the right direction.

"If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that." Stiles said, holding my hand tightly.

"Yeah. Me either." Scott said. "Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore."

We continued walking and I stopped when I heard a howling. I jumped and grabbed Stiles' shirt, who stumbled over Scott, who dropped his phone in a puddle.

Scott looked at us. "Sorry, buddy," Stiles said. "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

I watched as Scott jumped on where his phone had fallen and Stiles followed him, almost slipping and I chuckled. He rolled his eyes I jumped after them. I ended up stumbling over my all-star and a bit of mud so Scott quickly held up my arm before I could fall and I smiled at me.

Scott grabbed his phone and wiped the water off it with his jacket. "It still works." Scott happily said.

"Let me see the flashlight," Stiles said, grabbing it from Scott's hand and walking away. "I think we found it."

Scott and I followed him and I raised my eyebrow when I saw the car turned upside down.

"Uh... Why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?" Scott asked.