absolutely not

absolutely not – chapter seventy nine

read final notes

cassie

I let out a gasp, opening my eyes and realizing I was still in the same place, and around me, there were lots of bones. Human bones. I looked at the old gate once again and I noticed that now it was open. I stood up and walked towards it.

"Scott?"

I looked at the hall, everything was dark, the place seemed to be really old, then, I remember what Kate said about us going to the church, so I guess I'm in Mexico again. Oh, man, not again. I looked at both sides, deciding where to go and calling Scott's name once again, trying to connect myself with him but something was blocking me out. I tried to reach out for my phone in my pocket but obviously, it wasn't there. I started walking, my body next to the wall so I could keep an eye on both sides and make sure I hear anything. I could feel myself sweating in fear as I continued moving. I turned around quickly when I heard a low growl but there was nothing behind me, so I moved, always checking if there was something following me.

 I turned around quickly when I heard a low growl but there was nothing behind me, so I moved, always checking if there was something following me

I widened my eyes when I saw a creature at the end. It was dark but I could see its shadow. It was a Berserker. I slowly turned around to run but there was another one right behind me. He growled, which made me scream when he pushed me against the wall and I fell on my butt. He was pressing me against the wall, trying to hit me but I was punching him, trying to push him away from me. He shoved me against the wall again and I felt the blood coming out of my forehead. I slid my back to the ground and I widened my eyes as I saw its skin. There was a tattoo on it. Scott's tattoo. I looked up at him and I saw his eyes behind the skull mask. His beautiful brown eyes. He grabbed my neck, pulling me on the floor and I groaned in pain, but before he could do anything I heard a growling. So he stood up, leaving me alone. I looked up as I saw someone walking towards me. Kate.

"I'm going to have to do a better job covering that up." Kate said.

"What did you do to him?" I asked.

"How." She corrected me. "That's... That's the better story. You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go. But something kept pulling me here, to the temple of Tezcatlipoca. His name means "smoking mirror" and this place is a temple of the smoking mirror. Obsidian. When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me. They helped me survive. I didn't know quite why until just recently. Until I decided to trust someone I never thought I'd trust. It was then that I found out I could not only control the Berserkers, but I could create them." She said, sliding her hands on Scott's arm. "They call me La Loba. "The Bone Woman." We let you out because I needed to test his loyalty. Did you know that Scott became an Alpha without having to kill anyone? He's been through quite a lot without ever having to kill. I think it's time to change that."

I widened my eyes as Scott grabbed one of the bones and started walking towards me.

I gasped. "No. No, Scott." I gulped. "It's me! C-Cassie. No, Sco—"