sushi

sushi – chapter sixty two

cassie

Scott and I quickly jumped out of his bike and I smiled, I was excited for this. As soon as we rang the doorbell, I heard a voice closer the door.

"I invited guests for what I like to call the "Thank You for Saving My Daughter from Becoming a Coyote Dinner" dinner."

The door opened and Scott and I smiled at Mr. Yukimura. Kira widened her eyes, looking at u and then down at her clothes, so she mumbled something and ran inside the house, probably to change her clothes.

A few minutes after that, we were all sitting on a table together.

"So, Scott and Cassie, I'm sure that as native Californians, you've eaten at some pretty impressive Japanese sushi restaurants." Kira's mom said.

I smiled. "Yes. I love Japanese food."

"But I have to tell you that my husband is a superb chef." She continued and I smiled even more when I saw Scott's face.

He has never eaten Japanese food.

Mr. Yukimura placed a plate full of things in front of us. "Okay, we have Hamachi, uni, ikura, and hirame."

Scott looked closely to the food and I chuckled as they looked at him. "You've never eaten sushi before, have you, Scott?" Kira's mom asked.

"Is it all raw?"

"Not the rice." Mr. Yukimura said.

"Oh, my God, guys. We were supposed to have lasagna tonight." Kira groaned.

"I was trying to impress them. I didn't want to bring out the... You know what? I'll make lasagna." Mr. Yukimura said..

"Oh, no, no! It's okay. Scott can try anything. Right?" I looked at Scott.

"Definitely!" He smiled, grabbing the chopsticks

"Definitely!" He smiled, grabbing the chopsticks. "Okay."

I watched closely as he chose one of the plate and tried to grab it, Kira chuckled at the way he was holding and I did the same.

"Try holding this one like a pencil." Kira pointed out and Scott frowned so I showed him.

He smiled, trying it and going to get a hirame with a proud smile on his face, he moved it to his mouth and I widened my eyes when it was slipping so I grabbed my chopsticks and quickly got the sushi before it fell and they widened their eyes, I slowly moved it towards Scott's mouth and he eat it, humming in pleasure and Kira chuckled.