no

no - chapter fourteen

cassie

"Call the cops." Jackson said, looking at me.

"No." Stiles said.

"What do you mean, "no"?" Jackson asked and Stiles looked at him.

"I mean no. You want to hear it in Spanish? Noh!" My brother said and I smirked.

"Look, Derek killed three people, okay?" I started. "We don't know what he's armed with."

"Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department." Jackson snapped. "Call him!"

"I'm calling." Lydia mumbled, grabbing her phone.

"No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec..." Stiles moved to talk to her and Jackson pushed him.

"Hey." Scott moved, standing between them as I stood up next to Stiles.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School." Lydia said on the phone and I rolled my eyes. "We're trapped and we need you to... But..." She looked at the phone. "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison asked.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school." Lydia said. "She said if I called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested."

"Okay, then call again!" Allison shouted.

"No, they won't trace a cell." Stiles mumbled. "And they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

"What the... What.... What is this?" Allison asked. "Why does Derek want to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?"

No one said anything and they looked at Scott.

"Why's everyone looking at me?" He asked.

"Is he the one that sent her the text?" Lydia asked.

"No." Scott said. "I mean, I don't know."

"Is he the one that called the police?" Allison asked.

"I don't know!" Scott snapped and she looked away.

"Alright, why don't we ease back on the throttle here, yeah?" Stiles suggested, grabbing Scott and I and pulling us away from them.

"Okay, first of, throwing Derek under the bus, nicely done." I whispered and Scott looked at me.

"I didn't know what to say. I had to say something. And if he's dead then it doesn't matter, right? Except if he's not." Scott sighs. "Oh, God, I totally just bit her head off."

"And she'll totally get over it." Stiles groaned.

"Bigger issues at hand here, like how do we get out alive?" I suggested.

"But we are alive. It could've killed us already." Scott said. "It's like it's cornering us or something."

"So what, he wants to eat us all at the same time?" Stiles asked.

"No! Derek said it wants revenge." Scott said.

"Against who?"

"Allison's family?" Scott suggested.

"Maybe that's what the text was about." I murmured. "Someone had to send it."

"Okay, assheads." Jackson shouted and we looked at him. "New plan. Stiles and Cassie calls their useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?"