miguel

miguel – chapter seventy

read final notes please

cassie

It was raining and I watched as Stiles and Scott held Derek's body and we followed them into the animal clinic, placing his body on the desk.

Deaton looked at him. "Wow."

"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what To do," kind of wow?" Stiles asked. "'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton said.

I moved my hand, holding Derek's hand as I looked at his unconscious body.

"He's cold," I said, looking at Deaton. "Really cold."

Deaton grabbed his other hand, checking his pulse.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked Deaton.

Deaton grabbed a little light, looking at Derek's eyes. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton said.

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles asked.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton said.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton mumbled.

Stiles scoffs. "And bad for everyone else."

Deaton nods, looking at us. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look like to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?" Deaton suggested. "It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott said.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes." Lydia said.

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles mumbled.

"Guys, go." Lydia said.

"No." Stiles said.

"Text us if anything happens." Scott said and Lydia nods.

"Nope, still not okay with it," Stiles said and Scott moved, grabbing his arm and dragging him out. "Not going anywhere. Alright, just 'cause you're stronger..."

I kissed Lydia's cheek, letting go of Derek's hand and following the boys.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Scott and I followed Stiles up to the stairs. Scott's arm was around my shoulders, he was in a really great mood today.

"So it's, like, 2:00 in the morning. I wake up and she's just lying right next to me. She just sneaks in. This was, like, five times a week." Stiles told Scott.

"And then what happens?" Scott asked him.

"This..." Stiles said, holding his t-shirt and pulling it up, revealing his back.

Scott widened his eyes and I chuckled. "Holy..."

"Yeah. Right on, right? After that, we spent the rest of the night spooning." Stiles said.