Entry Ffity-Nine

Entry Fifty-Nine:

silence(noun): Possibly the worst thing you can hear after you confess your love for someone.

In my case, though, I wasn't confessing my love of Louis to Louis(as implyed before, I have no guts when it comes to that boy), I was telling Nick.

Then again, silence was bad in this secenario too.

We were both jogging in our shorts despite the chilly weather, and me in my new neon tennis shoes. (I looked stunning. Cough.)

We'd stopped for some coffee before we'd ran off, at this new little cafe right around the block from Louis' and my's flat. Grimmy and I both agreed it was wonderful, Louis would probably like it too. He's not too picky, anyhow.

But now, after the eternity of silence, Nick was rambling on about how Lou and I weren't right.

He told me Louis didn't deserve me. (I told him I didn't deserve Louis. God, no one deserved Louis. Even the sun--part of the reason he's alive,mind you--didn't deserve to see him in a speedo.)

He told me Louis would break my heart and not to bother with him anyway. (And yeah, cos straight guys ask their best mates to kiss them, ahem, "properly". Pff. Straight as an oval. And the first part was true, Lou had broken my heart. Countless times. But with every chip he made in my heart, he smiled and healed it right back up again, maybe even stronger than before.)

By that point I was clearly annoyed, so started running a little faster.

I ignored Nick as he struggled to keep up, insulting my future husband with what seemed like thousands of little flaws he had or had the potential to have. Liar, cheater, manwhore, ugly, worthless, desperate.

Louis wasn't any of those things. Even Nick knew that.

One last phrase caught my attention, and I'd turned around and stared at him.

Nick was parctacially collapsed on the sidewalk and looked up feebly and repeated:

"he doesn't love you Harry. But I do."

With the assurance that what I'd heard wasn't (a very evil part of) my imagination, I sprinted back to Lou & I's flat.

Back to reality.

-Harry xx