Chapter #8- Mel's words make me rethink everything. Everything.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

"Are you gonna tell us what happened in Little West anytime soon?" Mel asks.

It's 4 am in the morning and the three of us just got back after dropping Lavania off and scouting the area for any potential wolf.

Who the hell was it, anyway?

Lavania's statement had caught us off guard, as Canada is neutral land for wolves, aka no packs are there in Canada and on top of that, Teague had bought this penthouse only after checking and cross checking that there were no shifters living nearby.

When you are a lone feline, without any Pride backing you up, you don't take things lightly.

[A/N Like Packs are for Canines, Prides are for Felines]

After hearing his mom mention about smelling another wolf in the vicinity, or in the lobby of his building, Teague became restless and lost his apetite, making us all worried.

He is never not hungry.

Never.

Tigers and their weirdish-ly heavy apetite beats even wolves!

Since he was convinced that his mom would not be safe travelling alone so late at night, despite the fact that she's one of the strongest tigress out there, he got us all packed up and ready to drop her off and after returning we played detective and tried to catch a whiff of the intruder's smell.

Unfortunately, we caught none.

And now, we are lying on his sofa, with Teague sitting in the middle, a bowl of popcorn on his lap, and Mel and I laying our heads on each of his thigh.

Damn... how I missed lying like this with these two idiots.

"Uh..."

"If you don't, then I'll start talking about the various things that is bring printed in Supes 101 about what he is up to" Teague warns and I frown and proceed to bite his thigh.

He slaps my face and I sigh.

Asshole.

"You guys don't wanna know..." I trail off and without even looking I can feel their unbelievable eyes on me.

"Oh yes, we do!" Mel snaps and I instantly sit straight, snatch the bowl of popcorn from Teague and clap twice, making the lights switch off.

They don't need to see my tears.

"Well...."

And that's how I start reciting them about what happened in the week they'd been away from me.

Each and every detail.

(O.o)

"... After hearing the voice mail.... he was just standing there and giving me this look... that you know... one would give a betrayer, like I'd somehow betrayed him... and it wasn't even my fault, you know...? But I started feeling guilty, so so guilty, and then I acted like a self centered bitch and took advantage of his stunned silence and quickly excused myself and ran to my office. After working my normal hours, all the while praying to God that he doesn't show up at my office... and thankfully he didn't... I ran to my apartment and packed my stuff... and left the apartment building after messaging Hade about how you guys need me.... and then stayed at a hotel that night..."

"Wait" Teague frowns.

"Huh?"

"Why did you spend the night in a hotel?" He asks.