BONUS CHAPTER- A Dragon's scale.

I keep on telling y'all that though being a vampire, Tag is warm blooded. Here's the reason why.

Also, this Chapter is in 17 year old Delilah's POV.

BONUS CHAPTER- A Dragon's scale.

5 YEARS AGO.

"You better not have called me to say you can't make it to my graduation" I snarl in the mobile phone as a greeting.

"Hello to you too, Delilah" Ed's sarcastic drawl reaches me.

"You better not-"

"I haven't called for that, sweetheart" He cuts me off though he sounds amused.

"Good. Because I don't think I can give a fucking speech without you being in the crowd! I mean who the fuck will I look at? Not T of course! He is an asshole. He'll make me laugh and Mel would probably make me mess up too... and I will get tongue tied if I look at my Daddy or Mom or Hades or Becs... like seriously, why the fuck am I the fucking valedictorian again? What sucks even more is that Bas can't make it because his Daddy is throwing a tantrum about how he should step over as the Alpha already and I am so screwed up!!" I heave a breath.

"Done ranting?" He asks sounding bored.

"Whaaa... yeah" I rub the back of my neck. I always mess up in front of him!!! But can you blame me?! I have the biggest crush on him and even Sel agrees that if our Mate (he sucks) had rejected us by now, Ed would have been our second chance at a Mate.

"I am coming tomorrow. And so is Bas by the way. I sorted things out with his father and I'll tell you more about it tomorrow"

"Oh.... okay" I bite the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from blurting out that why did he call then.

"You want to ask why I called, no?" He asks and I can hear the laughter in his voice.

"Uh... yeah?" T walks in the room and seeing me sprawled on the sofa and cradling the telephone in my hand like a baby, he smiles.

'Talking to your lover?' He mouths and I throw a cushion at him, hitting him square on the face.

"Well... I've sent you an early graduation present-" Just then the bell rings and T goes to get it.

"That should be your gift" He tells me through the phone and I shriek as I run to go joing T.

"Hold a minute" I tell Ed as I grab the package from T and sign on the page the post man asks me to.

I am about to tear the brown package, but I stop myself just in time.

"I still get to join your firm from tomorrow, right? This is not some kind of replacement gift for that, right?" I question. I mean I went through the whole damn selection process that any other person has to go through to work for Ed and not to sound cocky or anything, but I qualified with flying colours.

"Why would I stop you from joining my firm?" He asks and I shag my shoulders, glad to hear that he still wants me to work for him.

"Because you think I am too young to go hunting for supernatural criminals?"

"There is nothing you are too young to do, babe" He sounds amused.

"Oh"

"Listen, I have to go and check up with Janet about some things. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? And I hope you like the gift" He hangs up before I can thank him for the gift I haven't seen yet.

I sigh as I turn towards T to find him tearing through the gift as if it belongs to him.

"TEAGUE!!" I jump on him and grab the open box from him.