BONUS CHAPTER #1

BONUS CHAPTER #1

ALPHA ULYSSES' POV.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

All my life I have been surrounded by wolves. Wolves who have all been in deep deep love with their Mates, worshipping their other halves and always putting them before anyone else.

I came to know about the concept of Mates, when I was three years old.

I know it sounds weird, but I still remember that day when my Dad had told me how I will have a woman who will love me like no other. A woman who will make me complete....

I'd always felt as if a part of me was missing. Other kids my age were busy playing tag and I'd just have this gut feeling that something was amiss. Something was missing.

And when Dad finally told me about how I'll find a Mate before hitting puberty, the pieces all fell into place. I now knew what I was missing.

Or more specifically who.

And I couldn't wait to find her.

That was when I was three years old, and Dad had told me about Mates as a birthday present.

Or so I thought.

On my next birthday, when I was four years old and totally obsessed with the concept of my Mate, listing down all the things I would do for her when I find her, and how I'd tell her that I've been waiting for her ever since I knew about her existence, my Dad beckoned me to his study.

I was only too excited to go. Hoping that maybe he'd tell me something more about my mate and how I could find her.

Only, he didn't.

Instead, he told me something that according to me no 4 year old deserved to hear.

At least no 4 year old wolf.

"Lys, today what I am going to tell you is something very very important" He starts.

I see Ma come in and smile at her.

She doesn't smile back.

So I give my undivided attention to Dad.

"Ulysses, you cannot mate with your Mate till she is eighteen" He tells me.

I already knew that. Most wolves were advised to mate only after they had turned eighteen, so both of them can understand just how important they are to the other.

I still nod my head.

"I know that, Dad" I smile.

"No, Ulysses. This is serious. You cannot spend anytime with your mate till she turns eighteen. You cannot officially accept her till she is eighteen. You can't have anything to do with her till she is eighteen" Dad says seriously and I felt my four year old heart clench. A sharp pain shot through my chest and I did my best to ignore it.

Sometimes I really hated how fast I was maturing. How I could understand distinctly all that he is saying.

"What?" My voice sounds wrong to my own ears. Withdrawn. Angry. At my Dad for even suggesting that I stay away from my Mate.

"Ignore your Dad, son. You just make sure that you don't mate with your female till she is eighteen, yes?" Ma says softly, patting my shoulder.

"Don't give him false hope, Love. He deserves to know. And he better be prepared. From now on, he will learn total self control, because the Moon above knows he has a hard path ahead of him" Dad's voice breaks in the end and Ma gets up from the chair beside me and sits down on his lap.