BONUS CHAPTER #3

BONUS CHAPTER #3 (CHAPTERS #31 and #33)

ALPHA ULYSSES' POV

When She Broke My Heart For Real.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

I wake up in the middle of the night, my eyes immediately zeroing on my whimpering Mate. My heart almost jumps out of my chest when I see her face, drenched in sweat.

Her face has lost all its color.

"Mate?" I shake her body, trying to wake her up.

'What is happening?' Asher demands from the back of my mind. His uneasiness mixed with my own.

'I donno' I dismiss him and pay attention on my Mate.

Her hands grip my arm, her fingers digging in my flesh.

"Mate? Delilah? Wake up, Mate!" I try to easy my beating heart but it is of no use.

Her body is shivering and her breaths are coming out in harsh puffs.

'Maybe she is having a nightmare? Try peeping in her head!' Ash orders, pacing tensely in the back of my mind.

I get into action and close my eyes, but nothing happens.

Like usual, I cannot see inside her head... or even read her thoughts.

'I can't get into her hea-'

Ash cuts me off with a growl and says, 'You are fucking useless. Let me see if I can make my way in her dreams. I will kill all the mother fuckers that are hurting her'

Before I can give him the Go signal, he is already gone, and just as quickly as he had vanished from my mind, he returns.

'Why the fuck is she not letting me in?!' He growls in my head and I feel for him.

I block him, trying to keep him out of it, trying to hide her pain from him, but he doesn't let me.

'You block me and I will fucking tell kill you' he snarls and I have no other option but to let him witness her suffering.

It gets harder for me though.

I have to see her suffer and feel his anguish too. Why can't he understand that she is as much mine as his? Why does he fight with me so much when it comes to her? Why can't he believe that I won't hurt her anymore.

'Fuck off, Lys. Throw a fucking pity party for yourself once she is well and dandy' I ignore Asher's comment and in a choked voice, try again.

"Wake up, Mate. I am with you, Sugar... wake up" Calling her that name blurs my vision with tears but I force them back.

Very slowly her eyes flutter open and she chokes out, "Al-p-ha"

She cluthes my arm like her life depends on it. Like I am her anchor. The only thing that is keeping her afloat.

I ask her what's happening, because for the life of me I can't figure it out.

She is in physical pain. And I cannot feel it in me.

This should not happen. I have marked her. I should be able to take away her pain more easily now than I used to do before.

But something is stopping me this time.

I try to invade her mind again, try to crack the wall she has up, but she is blocking me. Hard.

"Don't you dare block me out, Delilah! Don't you fucking dare!" I let out a warning growl and she whimpers.