Chapter #22- My Worst Nightmare.

Song- Perfect by One Direction.

I know I usually attach all the latest songs, but I love this song. A lot. And it never gets old for me.

And this chapter is mostly in Van's POV, because I don't think Del's POV can do justice to it... And also, there is more to Van that I want y'all to see... So yeah... Enjoy, I guess.

And after the drama with Van and Tag is wrapped up, Lys and Del will return with a big bang! Promise!!!!

Chapter #22- My Worst Nightmare.

VANESSA'S POV

To be honest, I am (kind of) glad that Del came searching for me. 

This way, I can for sure hand over Hayden and Rebecca's baby to them. Without having to consider my feelings for the babe.

Because deep down, where the honest me is still there, I know that chances of me returning their baby was 45%. Approx.

I would have grown attached to the baby, mostly because ever since Janie's death, the little peanut has been the only one who has been with me.

I fear, that I have already grown too attached to the baby who is legally not mine. I can only pray that Hayden and Rebecca are not too angry with me and allow me to at least visit the kid once in a while.

Anyway, right now, Del and Alpha Black are making out in the rental car and Sebastian's stomach is grumbling.

Sebastian.... The wolf looks better every time I see him... but for some reason, I don't feel as attracted to him as I had felt when I first met him.

A nagging voice, (the aforementioned honest part of me I suspect) whispers that the reason is a certain man with certain green eyes that make you think that you are in the heart of the Amazon just by looking at them, aka the bastard who ruined my life and succeeded in making me a monster.

Anyway, let's not waste our time thinking about the life ruining asshole and focus more on the present.

Like how Del and Alpha Black look Perfect together.

Alpha Black... he is one piece of art, is he not?

I had first met him when he accompanied Hayden and Rebecca to visit me when I had volunteered to be their surrogate. He was there with them all the time, like a moral support, also reminding me that I might put myself at risk if I went forth with the whole surrogacy. When I assured him that I didn't have anything to live for, he had given me the oddest of look (this happened before I fell in L-ve with the life ruining asshole with the most magnificent brown curls)

Anyway, what I am trying to come across is that, the man may come across as a strict militant to most people but he had the best of the hearts according to me. And I do not say that lightly.

I had always heard from Janie about how Alpha's were mostly selfish and all, but here Alpha Black was, with his childhood friend, making sure that he had everything he would need.

And the time that I had spent in Alpha Black's company, I had always thought where his mate was. (Janie could never go anywhere without Robbie when he was alive) And while I wondered about his absentee mate, to ninny to ask him about her upfront, I always thought that he and Del would make a splendid pair.

At that time I had not known that he and Del were actually mates (I came to know about it just today!), but since he didn't have a mate and since Del didn't have a mate, I just pictured them together.

Okay wait, why am I talking about their relationship again? Albeit in my head, but it looks like I am obsessed with them. I mean sure they are couple goals and sure when I go to bed tonight, I will probably wish that the life ruining bastard hadn't fucked up our relationship so that we could be like them too, but right now, I am hungry.